Is this what we do now?
vanndau5
3rd February 2013
Old 3rd February 2013
Gear Head

Is this what we do now?

Modern rock mix/masters with very little bass, forward high mids and high roll offs all super loud driven into expensive converters? Ex: Recent MCR and Green Day
3rd February 2013
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanndau5 View Post
Modern rock mix/masters with very little bass, forward high mids and high roll offs all super loud driven into expensive converters? Ex: Recent MCR and Green Day
Bass just gets in the way.. How are we supposed to reach -2 RMS with bass?

I agree with the converter's we should all use sound blaster and knock that one on the head. Forward high mid's are better than backwards high mid's, also I'm not sure what a Green Day is? Is that like camping?
3rd February 2013
Old 3rd February 2013
Would-Be-Teaboy

It's what the kids want, man, I literaly have a line of children demanding that all future mixes have no bass guitar and some "Soft DAC" clipping. Also tubes and stuff. Also loud. Also more 2-7Khz in all frequencies plz.
3rd February 2013
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Noise View Post
It's what the kids want, man, I literaly have a line of children demanding that all future mixes have no bass guitar and some "Soft DAC" clipping. Also tubes and stuff. Also loud. Also more 2-7Khz in all frequencies plz.
Damn kids and there 2-7K, I swear back in my day we used to use 20 - 20K!..

I think I'm getting old.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Head

I don't actually understand recording beyond "compression bad, clipping worse." I'm mostly here for the access to cheap secondhand parts.

But I recently found that the live DVD recording of a favorite artist - done while traipsing about in the rain in front of several thousands Italians hurling lingerie at his cranium - sounds significantly better than the recorded versions.

I don't want "Tape sound." I don't want retro. I want it to sound like a tiny British man is standing in my living room.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Would-Be-Teaboy

Compression isn't bad, nor neccesarily clipping. But it's like worchestshire sauce - even if you love it, would you really drink a litre of it every day for the rest of your life?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search