Lavacable fail
New Reply
Subscribe
Lytening79
19th November 2012
Old 19th November 2012
Gear interested

Lavacable fail

Just a heads up to all of you people thinking about building your own pedalboards. Avoid Lavacable at all costs. I spent about $500.00 on cable and connectors (Mini ELC) (and way more time than that working on putting the board together) only to find out that the product has been poorly designed. It seems that they have been unable to figure out a way to prevent short-circuits. Per Mark, they have redesigned the plug, but they're not available yet. Mark Stoddard personally emailed me and said that they do have a 3% failure rate. What's more troubling is the lack of customer service. I found a video from GigRig online and watched how they tested the cable. I then tested mine and found that they were short circuting. However, when I emailed Mark Stoddard, he gave me bad information and said that they were testing fine (even though the cables were obviously not working). I repeatedly reached out to Mark nearly begging him for assistance, and instead he said "they're not for everybody", and "you should sell them on ebay". This was not just poor customer service, but also insulting. I'm going to shoot a video on what is happening with these cables, complete with the emails he sent me showing his true colors. Buyer Beware has never been so true.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search