Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   The Moan Zone (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/)
-   -   F#&K F.Y.E. and F#&K CHASE. (longest rant ever) (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/703212-f-k-f-y-e-f-k-chase-longest-rant-ever.html)

morejaylesswar 24th February 2012 02:03 PM

F#&K F.Y.E. and F#&K CHASE. (longest rant ever)

I want to uppercut everyone I see today. This is not going to be a good day.

So back in November, I stopped into F.Y.E. to get an Elvis DVD for a friend's birthday gift. They asked me about this card called a VIP pass that would take $5 off of my total at the time and then give me all other great discounts. I said sure, sign me up. Then after the transaction she did tell me that it was $11.99/month if I kept it after 30 days. Sure, that's no problem. I called to get it closed the very next day....

December 21st, I was billed $11.99, but it was reversed by Chase as a fraudulent attempt after I called F.Y.E..

January 26th, I called in to make sure they cancelled the again and they said they were canceling it. Guess what? I was billed on JANUARY 27TH!

February 23rd? Billed.

Where the hell is the consistency on their billing? It seems like they're just pulling money out on whatever day they feel like it.

So I called them again yesterday to get this shit fixed, because this time that $11.99 put me in overdraft. I spoke with a foreign lady. Her accent sounded Indian. Now, I don't get presumptuous when I speak to someone who isn't American. I treat all call center folks with respect in hopes of getting my matter resolved. I know that they're reading a script and most times it doesn't bother me. I laugh at it... until this time. She read her script for about 7 minutes telling me the benefits of this card. I'm trying my hardest to cut her off. She DOES NOT stop reading. She even once said "Mr. Adams, stop cutting me off." Then she says.. "So, now that you see the benefits. I'm going to keep this card open for you. Have a nice day, Mr. Adams." I'm fuming at this point... But I remained calm and just asked her to cancel the card because this was the third time I called in and I'd like my money refunded. She cancelled, gave me a confirmation number and refunded my money... However it'd take 48 hours to appear in my account.

Now we get to Chase. I call them and say "Hey, this company is taking money out of my account without my consent. Is there anything that we can do?" The lady was so nice. I spoke to an American this time. (That just sounds so bad, man.) She went through my options with me and everything was great. She was very courteous and told me that since the transaction was still pending that there wasn't much that she could do at this time. She told me to call in when I see that it was posted and then get it taken care of. She also told me that I should do overdraft protection with my Chase credit card just so I won't be charged the $34 overdraft fee. She noted in my account everything that we spoke about and then wished me luck in getting my F.Y.E. matter resolved. I was really appreciative of her and Chase. I almost left Chase last week... Different moan.

I wake up this morning to see that the charge must've cleared because I have an overdraft protection credit on my account at this time. However, Chase charges $12 for any overdraft protection services. So I call into Chase and see how this is going to work. I have an Indian gentleman. I spoke to him calmly and tried to make my situation as inviting for a solution as possible. I told him the situation and all about the woman that I spoke with yesterday and asked him if he had access to the notes in my account. Then he went on to explain to me about overdraft fees, how they work, when they are processed and all of this other shit that I knew. I told him "Sir, I understand that. What I'm calling about is the fraudulent attempts in my account." He then goes on to say that I have overdraft protection and I am covered by anything at a cost of $12 and why I shouldn't keep relying on that. This was like two 5 minute lectures on things that I know. I actually looked at my phone and it said we had been on the phone for 14 minutes. Mind you, all I said to him in this 14 minutes was what happened yesterday and telling him that I understand what he's saying....

To make a longer story a bit short, he then got REALLY aggressive and started patronizing me. "Do you see $12 on your account? Exactly. It's not there. What's the problem?" I again, calmly spoke to him and he then cut me off... I just hung up. I could not deal with that guy any longer. I'm going to call in a bit and hope I get through to an American during regular business hours.

I work in an a place where I meet all kinds of races, cultures, and everything... I love having conversations with people who aren't American because they teach me so much, so I'm not some star-spangled-banner nut. Hell, I'm black. That shit wasn't made for me anyway! Lol, kidding........ Kinda.

You're a trooper if you've made it this far. I just needed to rant really quickly.

JoRillo 24th February 2012 02:28 PM

I think you have made longer threads before. :lol:

KenHR 24th February 2012 02:31 PM

Having worked at the home offices of TransWorld (parent company of FYE) almost 10 years ago doing customer service for their godawful website that was always breaking down, I can tell you it's a very slimy company (I also "worked" for them when Strawberries records was bought out...they ruined the best retail job I'd ever had in my life...though I guess it was good because it pushed me to get out of retail).

I remember sitting in meetings with their chief promotions guy, who was some cartoon from Texas, and him explaining to us that their recently implemented rebate program was a (his words exactly) "legal version of the ol' bait-and-switch."

Truly sorry for the FYE swindle.

And now I'm worried because I just transferred my CC debt to a Chase card.....

morejaylesswar 24th February 2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoRillo (Post 7601377)
I think you have made longer threads before. :lol:

I'm verbose as hell. LMAO. Even after I write the post, I go back and read and try to find ways to shorten it. This is the longest rant, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenHR (Post 7601383)
Having worked at the home offices of TransWorld (parent company of FYE) almost 10 years ago doing customer service for their godawful website that was always breaking down, I can tell you it's a very slimy company (I also "worked" for them when Strawberries records was bought out...they ruined the best retail job I'd ever had in my life...though I guess it was good because it pushed me to get out of retail).

I remember sitting in meetings with their chief promotions guy, who was some cartoon from Texas, and him explaining to us that their recently implemented rebate program was a (his words exactly) "legal version of the ol' bait-and-switch."

Truly sorry for the FYE swindle.

And now I'm worried because I just transferred my CC debt to a Chase card.....

I found that out after the first time I called them and they said that I needed a receipt to cancel the card and if I didn't have the receipt then there is nothing they could do for me.

As far as Chase, I like them because they're convenient. There is a branch on just about every major street and corner where I live and their Smartphone app is killer. Some of the fees they charge and how they charge them are ridiculous. That's why I almost left them last week, lol... But the other stuff outweighs anything else.

jonathan jetter 24th February 2012 03:51 PM

Chase is a disgusting organization. if this forum were more open toward political and economic discussion i could post hundreds of stories about their corporate malfeasance.