Whitney Houston, Dead at 48.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
i'm shaken by this.Any young folk reading this .Please don't even try coke or crack.You may not have the will to stop.You see a great talent that could have serve mankind thru the sound of her voice wasted away.Same with Michael jackson.Never think you are bigger than life itself.Always humble yourself and thank the Lord for the life he has givin you.RIP sweet lady
This!
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

What was the drug, though? You can't take something that says "causes drowsiness" and then fall asleep in 2 feet of water and blame the company that made the drugs....

That's like blaming ford for someone driving shit-faced into a tree.

Neil
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbass View Post
You know that to be completely true?
Or is it just conjecture?
Just asking.
We know she's had multiple admitted addiction issues and rehab stints. We know she's had "unusual" behavior off and on the past ten years or so. And it's been reported that she drowned in the tub with multiple prescription drugs in the hotel room, and it's being treated currently as an accidental overdose.

But I don't suppose we'll know anything until they're done with the autopsy.

I'd love to hear if any slutz worked with her and what she was like. It's indeed very sad.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Hey, I don't doubt that, but you can't blame them entirely. People take them incorrectly, and doctors prescribe them incorrectly. The drug isn't always the sole problem. Snorting 5 oxy's up your nose is not the drug's fault...

Eating McDonald's 4 times a week and then getting pissed when you have heart disease is just silly...

Neil
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Also, I would recon that more people take prescription drugs than recreationals...therefore it's not a fair comparison to begin with.

Neil
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone here work with her and have stories to share?
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Mood stabilizing concoctions, in addition to all their other dangers, can often be artistic killers.
Both Adam Ant and Brian Wilson have stated this to be true. BigPharma can turn people into zombies, whose minds are chemically hijacked.

Even when taken as prescribed, all pharmaceuticals can have serious or deadly side effects. In fact, many pharmaceuticals have been taken off the shelves for their lethal & toxic side effects which the corporation went to great lengths to conceal.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I am glad that nobody has come on this thread to dis her yet.

I was expecting that.

Maybe GS culture is improving?

One can only hope.

- c
I don't think no one is out for that, but rather this horrible death might wake some people up, the end results are never positive for those who choose that life style.
I try me best to understand things like this, I am on a legal drug right now but I know it cannot danger my life, I also no getting off the drug is a nightmare as well.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by amishsixstringe View Post
Hey, I don't doubt that, but you can't blame them entirely. People take them incorrectly, and doctors prescribe them incorrectly. The drug isn't always the sole problem. Snorting 5 oxy's up your nose is not the drug's fault...

Eating McDonald's 4 times a week and then getting pissed when you have heart disease is just silly...

Neil
True, we all have free will but you need to understand that billions of dollars are spent to make us think the way we do about pharmaceutical drugs and how "safe" they are. We are taught to trust our doctors. This has a lot to do with greed.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid360 View Post
Yeah, but if you're "rich and famous" and die of a drug overdose, I really don't feel sorry for you.

She had all the money in the world, and yet was so unhappy that she "killed" herself.

Surely there must have been some "root causes" of her unhappiness to begin with. It wasn't the drugs that killed her, it was the unhappiness of something else in her life.
THIS is what I hate about the internet, people say truly disgusting things that I doubt they would ever say face to face to an actual person.

Because she was rich and famous you don't feel sorry that she died???

That's a horrific thing to say.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, but if you're "rich and famous" and die of a drug overdose, I really don't feel sorry for you.

She had all the money in the world, and yet was so unhappy that she "killed" herself.

Surely there must have been some "root causes" of her unhappiness to begin with. It wasn't the drugs that killed her, it was the unhappiness of something else in her life.
You realize people are human beings, huh?. Money doesn't mean shit, happiness got to do with the soul kid. Money ain't a friend for your soul; Money just changes the metal the cage built out of. It's all about love.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
RIP Whitney you were amazing.

And how disrespectful can some people on this forum be.
Tjees why don't you give me a call when your mom dies so I can tell how much I dont care for your lose.
Was Whitney Houston your mom?
Did you smoke crack with her?
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:

So here is a human being who suffered so greatly she ended up killing herself, yet you don't feel sympathy, because she was rich and famous? That is just bizarre.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
RIP.

The first song I heard of her was How Will I Know. I remember MTV played it all the time back in 1985. She had a great voice.
Was just listening to that earlier. There should be a thread dissecting some of those synth-pop hits and the synths/drum machines that were used. RIP Whitney Houston.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear maniac

Two words. Ritual killing. Just like Jackson and Amy Whinehouse - and more.
Sad world but we can change it by waking up. Now.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

R.I.P. Whitney

my god...there's a lot of 'folk psychology' (see Folk psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Eliminative materialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) going on in here!

most of you seem to have 'the cart before the horse'! let's get things straight.

you don't own (or control) your brain!!!

your brain produces 'you' just like it produces 'vision'.

'you' are a neuro-biological computation running on a biological neurocomputer. your whole life is an integral part of a neuro-biological virtual reality. all the qualia (Qualia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) that this cite is based upon is clearly, inside 'your head'. for example: out in 'the external world' there are frequencies. inside your head, frequencies are transformed into 'pitches'. same goes for: color, texture, odor, taste, etc. (at this point in history, there is a vast literature on all of this which i will only link you to.)

as for coke addiction, every neuron in your brain responds to it all the way down to the genetic level (Effects of chronic exposure to cocaine are regulated by the neuronal protein Cdk5. | Mendeley).

bottom line: YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ANY ADDICTION WHAT SO EVER!

just think about it for a sec! how would an act of will occur? does it start outside of 'your brain' (e.g., an alien radio transmission, a falling rock)? note that any such external influence is not 'your act of will'. does it start from some other person (another 'you'?) telling you to do something different? (if so, where does this behavior start in the other 'you'?) let's avoid an infinite regress. internally or externally, an act of will is a neurological dynamical structure produced by a vast number of neurons firing in some fashion and, as a result, changing the chemical composition of the cerebrospinal fluid which changes the timing and amplitude of the neuron signalling. (and around she goes...in an infinite regress?)

brains don't have homunculi (Homunculus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

brains do have ratios of neuro-chemicals which produce differing responses to different drugs. different brains have different ratios that produce different neuro-dynamics which can be modeled by multi-dimensional probability distributions and/or a nice visual topological structure, called: attractors (see Attractor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

a brain's neuro-dynamics may orbit in a certain part of 'neuro-dynamical space', which we could call 'addiction', and later be perturbed into another attractor in another part of neuro-dynamical space, which we could call 'normal'. the way i look at it is that our whole life's experience is just a traversal of this 'attractor space' which stands from the time 'your' first neuron becomes active until the last one dies out. side trips into and out of addictions are just perturbations, along the way, from birth to death. all of us are just passing through. some pass through faster. some pass on through in pain in wars barely understood. some pass on through in a 'hit'. let's hope her passage was, at least, a pleasure. let's hope her passage caused no harm.

R.I.P. Whitney
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Musicfan View Post
Many many sad deaths due to pharmaceutical drugs.

Can we *please* stop trusting them ?
I wonder how many lives they save...
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

speaking form experience, there's a lot of sympathy on this thread and yes it is sad when anybody dies alone but she has only herself to blame.
people die all over the world every single day in a similar fashion and don't get the publicity or the subsequent social grieving that take's place.

im not knocking/trollin or whatever you call it im simply saying she had what many would call it all and flushed it down the toilet like a loser.
she had a mind of her own and chose to take drugs, she did try to stop when she realised it was damaging her life and could not. she carried on and died.
its neither a surprise or a tragedy
the responsibility of her actions started and ended on her shoulders.

i know in the 90's when she played sheffield in the UK her and her entourage literally cleared the city of its supply of crack so this has been a very long time coming.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
THIS is what I hate about the internet, people say truly disgusting things that I doubt they would ever say face to face to an actual person.

Because she was rich and famous you don't feel sorry that she died???

That's a horrific thing to say.
What makes you think I don't say that to people all the time? Come on, you mean to tell me no one saw this coming?

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Same with Michael Jackson.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Sony raised prices on Whitney Houston’s digital music 30 minutes after her death

13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Can't believe that a record company would profiteer like that.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

Whitney said:

"Fame is a very curious game. Perfect strangers call you by name. I don't know what transpires from making a record to 'I know you.' "
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11 View Post
Whitney said:

"Fame is a very curious game. Perfect strangers call you by name. I don't know what transpires from making a record to 'I know you.' "
That kinda happens when your first album is your first name.

Regards,
Frank
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
That kinda happens when your first album is your first name.

Regards,
Frank
I think you're missing her point.
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11 View Post
I think you're missing her point.
I get it, but sometimes I think she (or they, as in artists) don't. Your entire life is out in public. Your failed marriage. Who's cheating on who. Drug addictions. Sex tapes. Stars tweet every single moment that they're in line at a store or they post their inane ramblings and opinions on everything. When you put your entire life on display how can you expect people to not feel like they know you.

Regards,
Frank
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I get it, but sometimes I think she (or they, as in artists) don't. Your entire life is out in public. Your failed marriage. Who's cheating on who. Drug addictions. Sex tapes. Stars tweet every single moment that they're in line at a store or they post their inane ramblings and opinions on everything. When you put your entire life on display how can you expect people to not feel like they know you.
Whitney was a singer, she started her career at 14 or 15...I suppose it takes awhile for it to sink in how the world works, and how shitty people can be...I don't think she was tweeting and putting out tapes in the 80s...I suppose famous people try to make the best of it...as she said it's a game...this was the full quote:

"I've just kind of prepared myself for what's to be expected" from the media, she says. "It still bothers me to hear rumors, but now I'm taking it in stride. It angers me at times, but I've decided to have a Christian-like attitude. Being angry destroys the soul. ... It still (hurts). Everybody wants good press. No one wants lies. Fame is a very curious game. Perfect strangers call you by name. I don't know what transpires from making a record to 'I know you.' "

And all that stuff (tweeting, tapes) it's all just bullshit, it's not anything real...

Either way, I don't really know her, she never called me, we never talked...she was a successful singer, that's all I really know...

Even people I've actually known for years, I can't say I really know them, and I wouldn't act as if I did, especially concerning any personal difficulties they may be having...
14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

14th February 2012
Old 14th February 2012
Lives for gear

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search