Retune your music to 444 old tuning standard
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Retune your music to 444 old tuning standard

Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Horowitz the dentist and his crackpot frequency of love BS again...

Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

This might help dissuade anyone from getting sucked into the nonsense.
Leonard Horowitz - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Quote:
In addition to promoting the idea of a U.S. government conspiracy to deliberately cause AIDS and Ebola epidemics, Horowitz also believes that in 1939 the illuminati conspired to cause death and destruction throughout the world by establishing the frequency of 440 cycles per second as the tuning frequency for the A above middle C on the chromatic (12-note) scale. This tuning has led us into wars, sickness, and other disharmonies to the benefit of bankers, the petrochemical industry, governments, and, of course, Big Pharma. Horowitz describes it all in a classical composition of paranoid delusion called "Musical Cult Control: The Rockefeller Foundation’s War on Consciousness Through the Imposition of A=440hz Standard Tuning." In prose reminiscent of someone suffering from years of self-imposed constipation, Horowitz writes:

The monopolization of the music industry features this imposed frequency that is “herding” populations into greater aggression, psychosocial agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illnesses and financial impositions profiting the agents, agencies, and companies engaged in the monopoly.
He's got a book to sell you on every topic!
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
This might help dissuade anyone from getting sucked into the nonsense.
Leonard Horowitz - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
He's got a book to sell you on every topic!
He may have a point there , I can recall more than a few in-band fights breaking out over tuning :P
Old 8th November 2011
Geariophile

Well....conspiracy or not, reading that was enough for me to give 444 a go for a while....off to tune a guitar....

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Back in the days of Baroque music it was a= 436
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Back in the days of Baroque music it was a= 436
That all depended where in Europe.
Baroque organs have been measured to tune from a-380 to a-480 hz.

It is common to tune a415 in historically informed period ensembles, but the actual tuning of the period varied dramatically.
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

I don't care about conspiracies but I do care about math and feel and 432 or 444 is the way to go.
Old 8th November 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
He may have a point there , I can recall more than a few in-band fights breaking out over tuning :P
nice one!
Old 8th November 2011
Gear addict

Because there weren't any wars before 1939!
Old 9th November 2011
Gear addict

If I want ot play Heavy Metal, do I have to tune to 666 ?
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran_ks View Post
If I want ot play Heavy Metal, do I have to tune to 666 ?
No, just stay at 440=A
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graal View Post
I don't care about conspiracies but I do care about math and feel and 432 or 444 is the way to go.
+1000
Old 9th November 2011
restpause

I think the tuning issue is exaggerated for certain types of modern instruments. I know it's somewhat valid for some instruments, but really I don't think most people could really hear a difference especially when it's just a few Hertz. A simple chorusing/ensemble effect, whether deliberate or acoustical would make a lot of that irrelevant, and many people find that sound with all it's tonal imperfections pleasing to the ear when it's audible at all.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroidmist View Post
I know it's somewhat valid for some instruments, but really I don't think most people could really hear a difference especially when it's just a few Hertz.

It is not about hearing. 528 Hz cures Cancer.(Secretly)
On A=444 Vivaldi tuning, C=528Hz. Other tones have influence on human energy spots.
Nobody cannot feel anything, just under microscope DNA repairs under 528Hz.

SECRET TEACHINGS: Frequency 528
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
It is not about hearing. 528 Hz cures Cancer.(Secretly)
On A=444 Vivaldi tuning, C=528Hz. Other tones have influence on human energy spots.
Nobody cannot feel anything, just under microscope DNA repairs under 528Hz.

SECRET TEACHINGS: Frequency 528
That isn't even unscientific, that's pre-scientific magical thinking.
If you search the good news channel, i went around and around with another guy on that ridiculous 528 curing cancer thing. In the end he finally conceded there wasn't anything to support it.
Show me some credible evidence and I will be the first to support it. Horowitz does not constitute credible evidence, in fact citing him only hurts your case.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
That isn't even unscientific, that's pre-scientific magical thinking.
If you search the good news channel, i went around and around with another guy on that ridiculous 528 curing cancer thing. In the end he finally conceded there wasn't anything to support it.
Show me some credible evidence and I will be the first to support it. Horowitz does not constitute credible evidence, in fact citing him only hurts your case.
Forgotten In Time: The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies
Old 9th November 2011

ah nut jobs.....

Thankfully you exist so the rest of us can make money......
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
ah nut jobs.....

Thankfully you exist so the rest of us can make money......
Hahahaha! The nice thing about this board is we have math professors to back us up.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Man this thread has gotten retareded, seirously...

As an example, playing a C minor chord an where you have A tuned to 440 will sound different than if you tuned it to 420, or 432, or what the f*ck ever you want to tune it too with thusly having a different musical effect

AC/DC did it, metal guys do it, some ambient guys I know tune higher for a different musical effect.

People saying it could cure cancer?
Not sure about that, but I can prove if you play a song where your center tuning around something other than 440 it will....

INSERT COLLECTIVE GASP:

...sound different than when you would have tuned it to A440.

[top]-

try it, its pretty cool and your song might take a different direction due to the tonal change.

People that spread hybrid myths and bullsh*t like that probably think magic crystals have an effect on people too.
Maybe its these types of people that keep the 'audiophile' guys that sell oxygen enhanced speaker wires at $1000 a meter in business.
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahahaha! The nice thing about this board is we have math professors to back us up.
Do these math professors support the mathematically incorrect equal temperament tuning system that sounds bland and artificial?

I don't know about the conspiracy stuff, I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories, but equal temperament bothers me much more musically than A=440 reference pitch. I've recently began exploring temperament possiblities and alternate tunings that focus on pure major thirds as a priority; a lovely whole new world it is.
Old 9th November 2011
Gear addict

Most banjo pickers tune to A=430....unfortunately, the rest of the band is at 440.....
Old 9th November 2011
This thread:

Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

^ ... that video is really quite amazing

... ...

... it manages to take the piss out of itself extremely well.
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Check the tuning of ABBA! it's A=444 !!!
Secrets are secrets!
Old 10th November 2011

Quote:

Check the tuning of this song! it's A=444 !!!
Secrets are secrets!
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Old 10th November 2011

ROFL !!
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Head

But we all know you should always tune A=96k, for more bandwidth compared to A=44.1k!
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also KILLED !!!
I Googled: global warming 2009 "four years"

From 2009: President Obama 'has four years to save Earth' | Environment | The Observer

Obama has 4 years to act on global warming. Good point.

But even if he had mentioned something about Illuminati or whatever, why would it change anything? It's still just a conspiracy theory? And I think the many conspiracy theories are pretty damaging to society and the public psyche.

Btw., I've noticed that you'll usually see a 'buy the book' link in the bottom of those conspiracy pages, it's almost too easy. Admittedly, I've been intrigued a few times, but I never bought the effin book, haha! And you know, that's how the CIA gets your credit card number and your personal info. Someone told me it was all a setup. So they know who to target. Maybe you're on to the truth, and now they're on to you, that's the way it works, be warned, never give your credit card number to a conspiracy site.

I'll admit that I love the UFO topic. Haven't seen proof yet though. And when I try to look up the source of an interesting alleged quote of, say, some Air Force General 50 years ago who had interesting thoughts or even experience on the topic, I'm faced with page after page of the same unsourced quotation, never pointing at a reference, a source. Which makes it completely impossible to learn anything at all, and thus to attack the subject scientifically! Even if the general said what he did, I'll never know, because the actual source is buried under unscientific, unsourced, sensationalist, untested shit!

PS: But more UFOs on Gearslutz please, I miss them, even all the fakes, lol! And more space tunings!

Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search