Login / Register

Retune your music to 444 old tuning standard
Closed
Subscribe
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

For anyone who cares: I have started a website for my ongoing temperament tests, in which I will continue to explore tuning possibilities: differences; advantages and flaws of various systems.

It's still pretty new to me at this point, there is much I don't understand, so as of now there's not really much there that you couldn't find elsewhere on the web. But I intend to keep at it, diving deeper into the the ratios of waveforms in various contexts, compared and contrasted to how we use frequencies to construct music.

http://www.iwilllookunderthisrock.co...menttests.html

-Danny
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

I'm just curious, do you think that music has some deeper spiritual connection with mathematical structure? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what it is you're looking for?

Another thing: Have you played an old school analog synth with no pitch markings? It's very liberating!

Hardware synths: Korg Polysix, Korg Lambda, Tom Oberheim SEM, Moog Minitaur, DSI Mopho
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
I'm just curious, do you think that music has some deeper spiritual connection with mathematical structure? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what it is you're looking for?

Another thing: Have you played an old school analog synth with no pitch markings? It's very liberating!
Are you talking to me? I do believe there is a "spiritual" (though I prefer to call it natural) relationship with music. I have not ruled out the possibility that certain frequencies vibrate in such a way it coincides with natural energy centers, I guess is the best way I can describe it.

Mostly, it is a matter of possibilities. Equal temperament is severely limited as far as that is concerned. Curiosity is all.

I have not played a synth with no pitch markings, I own a viola though, so I guess it's a similar idea to a fretless instrument, with fluid pitch?
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitymusic View Post
, I own a viola though, so I guess it's a similar idea to a fretless instrument, with fluid pitch?
Ah the viola
On the viola, pitch is not so much fluid, as it is Flarp.
Flarp is a phenomenon native to timpani and viola and refers to the unique ability of the two instruments of being both flat and sharp at the same time.
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Viola is an odd instrument, that's why I like it. It's hard to like a bowed string instrument when you're not very good at it (it's hard as hell), but I do, for many reasons.
10th November 2011
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Guru

I know this is just anecdotal, but when I was in college, I had a turntable that ran a little fast. I'd say about 444....

for the entire time I owned that turntable, I did not kill anyone, never got sicker than a head cold, and did not start a single war!

Coincidence?

“What you ask about is music. What you like is sound. Now music and sound are akin, but they are not the same.”
— Confucius
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post

Check the tuning of this song! it's A=444 !!!
Secrets are secrets!

That's why ABBA was so popular! They cured cancer!

And of course before the evil Rockefellers made us all tune to this devilish frequency there were no wars, poverty, sickness and everybody lived for ever. There was no global warming and summers were longer and much more beautiful. I remember it well.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
So far I used A 440 mostly and you should see my plants and gardens. Lo better than the ones in the vid at C 528.
but than I do not play anything like that horrible plasticky midi sh*te they used in the video. ;=)
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I know this is just anecdotal, but when I was in college, I had a turntable that ran a little fast. I'd say about 444....

for the entire time I owned that turntable, I did not kill anyone, never got sicker than a head cold, and did not start a single war!

Coincidence?
I think not!
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Talking Umm...

Doesn't my heavy handed use of AutoTune make this argument moot?

(the masons control us all)
Den
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by faramita View Post
That's why ABBA was so popular! They cured cancer!
Not just that.

UT – 396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear
RE – 417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
MI – 528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
FA – 639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships
SOL – 741 Hz – Awakening Intuition
LA – 852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order

The 3, 6, and 9

As we look at the six original Solfeggio frequencies, using the Pythagorean method, we find the base or root vibrational numbers are 3,6, & 9. Nicola Tesla tells us, and I quote: "If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe."

Here is the best explanation:
Forgotten In Time: The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Some great pseudoscience you have there Den
Den
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011

Quote:

Or MAYBE you repressed the memory!!!....oooooohhhhhhhh
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Den
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for sharing info.

Officially they admit now. Look at FBI official release here:

New Fulford Interview Transcript: Old World Order Nearing Defeat
Now they admit it ?! I'm really curious how you reached that conclusion?

Here's the actual FBI file: FBI — Guy Hottel Part 1 of 1
So, in 1950 a hillbilly reports that he has seen 3 crashed saucers, aliens included. The man said the government's nearby radar interfered with the alien crafts' machanics, so they crashed? Damn government, poor aliens! It seems he managed to even diagnose the saucer-problem, lol. Must've brought the Chilton! So, the FBI investigator admits that no further action is taken. I wonder why? If it was shown on radar sure, but otherwise?

So, how can you say that the FBI is 'admitting it' based on that report? I seriously think 'the interview' would make a great sci-fi movie, but there are so many clues to it being utter fiction. These guys are probably just attention seekers.

BTW, the case reminds me of an episode of History Channel's UFO Hunters. (Curiosly, the author of the 'Fulford' article was also involved in a History Channel series, it seems, the one on Ancient Aliens.) While I get a kick out of those UFO Hunter guys, this is perhaps not their finest hour. Note how the natives have them wrapped around their finger. Must be good for the tourist business:

But now you're telling me that people clock in at work at 9, get transported to Mars through an elevator-portal, to work maintenance in an alien/government base?
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now they admit it ?! I'm really curious how you reached that conclusion? The man said the government's nearby radar interfered with the alien crafts' machanics, so they crashed?
Dear crackpots, consider for a minute the implications of an interstellar craft being brought down by the electromagnetic radiation of a radar.

Considering the extreme electromagnetic radiation of open space, any spacecraft has to be completely impervious to this type of radiation at levels magnitudes higher than a any radar can produce
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Good point! Indeed, I think most of these cases can be denied by applying basic physics.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Head

...so if i could be bothered to go find and post a classic feel-good song in A=440 would that disprove this whole nonsense?
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Head

Quote:

WHY IS HE Killed????
Probably from someone that don't like world PEACE!!!!
He was killed by a total fruit loop who was obsessed with him and wanted to acquire his fame (by killing him).
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
BTW, the case reminds me of an episode of History Channel's UFO Hunters.
I have to say I never bother watching any of those shows.

the UFO shows, the Bigfoot shows, the Loch Ness Monster shows, the Ghost shows.

You gotta figure that if any of them ever REALLY found a live (or dead!) Alien, or Nessie or Bigfoot, whatever, that it would be Front Page News and not 'revealed' in the last five minutes of a weekly TV show on basic cable.

I figure if they ever really find Bigfoot, it will be on The News and the footage will be in the first five minutes, not the last.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Guru

Paranoia is the attempt of a weak and fearful mind to impose 'order' on chaotic world. The universe is equal parts order and chaos, but some people can't handle the chaos part. They would prefer to believe that an infallible, omnipotent but malevolent entity (NWO, Illuminati, Dick Cheney) is In Charge, than face the fact that with most of the things that happen, NOBODY is "in charge".
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Paranoia is the attempt of a weak and fearful mind to impose 'order' on chaotic world. The universe is equal parts order and chaos, but some people can't handle the chaos part. They would prefer to believe that an infallible, omnipotent but malevolent entity (NWO, Illuminati, Dick Cheney) is In Charge, than face the fact that with most of the things that happen, NOBODY is "in charge".
You may be right... kind of like why religion appeals to so many people. I agree there is a natural balance to the universe. Order/chaos, good/bad, dark/light... you can't really have one without the other and the universe itself will continuously strive to achieve its optimum balance.

As far as that relates to music: my theory is that with the emphasis on autotune, gridlocked order-driven music, we will se an upsurge of out-of-tune, chaotic music until we can find a better balance.

I've never really liked tuners, I rarely tune my guitar with one when I play. Though with my new found interest in temperaments, I think that I actually do like very precise tuning, just not the notes we choose to use (equal temperament). I know there's a better solution; I doubt that I am capable of finding it but I will continue to try until someone else does.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Of course you are capable of finding it. Use your intuition for tuning. And for music in general. Music is NOT mathematics, though some people make mistake of confusing the two. And usually do not understand limitations and beauties of either.

Could list examples of great music which is mathematically "out of tune" and yet it speaks directly to you, your soul, or emotions.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitymusic View Post
I know there's a better solution; I doubt that I am capable of finding it but I will continue to try until someone else does.
Listen to the great orchestras, Berlin, Philly, BSO, Vienna.
You will find that they always sound in tune.
They all use what I call fluid pitch.
They constantly balance vertical and horizontal tuning.

There is no right answer to pitch, but there are a whole lot of wrong answers.

Dont worry, this is nothing 10 000 hours of practise cannot fix.
11th November 2011
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaukholm View Post
Dear crackpots, consider for a minute the implications of an interstellar craft being brought down by the electromagnetic radiation of a radar.

Considering the extreme electromagnetic radiation of open space, any spacecraft has to be completely impervious to this type of radiation at levels magnitudes higher than a any radar can produce
No point talking science, in UFO arguments.
If people cannot work out the absurdity of a civilization capable of traveling 100's of light years distances (minimum) and solving problems which our science can barely comprehend, and than getting captured by US military (a dumb institution if there ever was one), they obviously are incapable of any semblance of logical thinking.
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Kills for gear

Quote:
No point talking science, in UFO arguments.
If people cannot work out the absurdity of a civilization capable of traveling 100's of light years distances (minimum) and solving problems which our science can barely comprehend, and than getting captured by US military (a dumb institution if there ever was one), they obviously are incapable of any semblance of logical thinking.
No doubt.

Hahahahaha! The hilarity mixed with philosophical discussions on alternate tuning really has made this potential disaster of a thread worth it.
keep it up!
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course you are capable of finding it. Use your intuition for tuning. And for music in general. Music is NOT mathematics, though some people make mistake of confusing the two. And usually do not understand limitations and beauties of either.

Could list examples of great music which is mathematically "out of tune" and yet it speaks directly to you, your soul, or emotions.
I agree to a very large extent, though I do think music is mathematics; just as the universe is. I do also think there is a number of possibilities for the execution of it that nears infinite. What I'm trying to determine, is that if those "out of tune" pieces that 'speak to you' are actually out of tune, or in a natural tuning we don't quite understand, or choose to ignore.
12th November 2011
Old 12th November 2011
Gear Head

I do believe our bodies resonate at some frequency relative to the scale of the earth. Acupuncture is much more effective than tones, although binaural beats seem to do something.
I also believe we have been disempowered by "the man" and there is some truth to the occult practices that still occur today.
As for UFOs, watch Phoenix Lights, its on Netflix streaming. Quite credible evidence on the matter.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Gearslutz.com
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search