Internet Ads that automatically play its audio
Old 17th April 2010
Gear addict

Internet Ads that automatically play its audio

Gaaaahh!!!

I absolutely hate it!
Your just browsing through the net while listening to some of your own music and them bam!! some internet commercial plays that is twice the volume and could damage your monitors.

Sometimes when your not listening to anything and it suddenly start to play it startles you and I once spilled hot coffee on me because of this.

I don't mind video playing on ads on website but they should make the audio part optional because it's annoying as hell.

There should be some sort of legislation passed to prevent this.

I'm writing my Congressman about it.

End of rant.
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

If you use firefox, this should fix a lot of it.
Old 18th April 2010
Gear addict

good rant
Old 18th April 2010
Lives for gear

I have only encountered that with pop ups. Now that they're blocked, I have no more issues.
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Any website with music annoys me to the highest level
Old 19th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbary Ape View Post
Your just browsing through the net while listening to some of your own music and them bam!! some internet commercial plays that is twice the volume and could damage your monitors.
+1

I just talked my girlfriend out of doing this very thing on her website. She wanted to autoplay the sounds of a warbling brook with some soft flute music (that I was to produce). I explained why that isn't a good idea, and told her about worst-case scenarios, and she understood.

Sometimes people design web sites thinking that they are the center of the universe, or thinking that people don't ever open more than one browser window/tab at once, or just plain not thinking at all. These people deserve to be identified and shunned, so maybe we should let them be.

Cheers,
++aldo
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search