Native Instruments problems...
Old 23rd February 2008
Gear Head

Native Instruments problems...

Bought the Komplete / Kore 2 bundle on the 5th. It's now the 23rd and Komplete still will not authorize. "Serial is not licensed" Awesome! Not a word from customer support either, just a useless ticket number.

I'll be sure to not buy any more of their products. What a ffuucking joke.

dfegadNI
Old 23rd February 2008
Gear Guru

Smile

yeah, native instruments is a strange company - it seems as if there are quite a few talented people working there - i mean there are a lot of aspects of their software that are just amazing (when it's working).

i think the structure of the company is weird, or maybe they simply don't have enough people working for the company to provide adequate support, and address design and hosting issues immediately.

there's something misaligned between the developers, marketing, and support (sound like every OTHER sw company, NAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh).

whatever it is, i haven't figured it out yet - but they do make some amazing stuff - again, when it works.

sometimes i do actually get good support from ni - you might have to find some german or french support contact info - forget the american support - i believe it might be useless - although it's been a while since i tried.

kontakt 3 and guitar rig 3 are pretty awesome - but there are a lot of bugs, especially w/ k3 when hosting with sonar / pc - enough to make you crazy.

best of luck.

Old 23rd February 2008
Gear Head

Thanks...yeah from what I can find they don't even have a 1-800 support line.
Old 23rd February 2008
Gear Guru

Smile

no, you have to poke around and find the european phone numbers...

also, i think their mac support may be far superior - like motu.

don't know if you're on a mac.
Old 25th February 2008
Gear maniac

I just had the same sh*t happen to me. It says... not activated "No qualifying base product is registered". I don't have pateince for this BS. Nowhere does it state that a qualifying base product is required for this purchase and I wouldn't have bought it if it was.

Let me know if you find a phone number for these *ssholes.

I guess I will be bugging the sh*t out of guitar center tomorrow.
Old 25th February 2008
Gear Head

I'm seeing "Serial is not licensed." You might try registering Kore 2 first, Kore 2 registered fine for me.

Still no word from NI.
Old 25th February 2008
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsisband View Post
I'm seeing "Serial is not licensed." You might try registering Kore 2 first, Kore 2 registered fine for me.

Still no word from NI.
my bad... it worked! Wasn't NI's fault in my case it was a user error! thanks for the help. Hope you get it resolved.
Old 20th January 2009
Gear nut

Yes, I agree.

NI have the worst customer support of every company I ever had to deal with for music production.

There is the real risk you will spend money with them, not make the product work, and never hear anything from them.

Their ticket system is useless, recently there have been no follow up on my tickets also.

It seems as if the knowledgeable people in their support team are a minority, in my experience most times the support person had a very limited knowleadge of the product and could not make up to some areas that were not clear in the manual.

Unsolved problems have led me to change my workflow and stop relying on Kontakt as the workhorse my sample library needs.
Old 20th January 2009
Lives for gear

agreed!!!! NI sucks in so many different ways.
Old 20th January 2009
Lives for gear

NI support are morons. And their "service center"/authorization method is hands down, without a doubt, THE worst in the biz. Amazing instruments, horrible company.
Old 21st January 2009
Gear maniac

Running the review I'm running right now, I've had the opportunity to authorize a lot of software from a few different companies, and Native Instruments has definitely been the most problematic experience. In fact, it is the only experience that was problematic at all; IK Multimedia's stuff authorized just fine on the first try, Peavey's ReValver MkIII uses a crazy authorization thing but it works like a champ, no issues, and the iLok crusaders only have trouble if your iLok shit is messed up, but Native's server is a hassle and a half. I still have a totally bunk Activation Return File that they have no record of issuing and which did not cause the software to appear registered on my account. They can't explain how I got it and they don't really know what happened. It works on any copy of Guitar Rig 3, but it doesn't actually do anything, it just says that the software is activated in the Service Center but doesn't actually, you know, activate it. Crazy stuff. I finally did get it activated, just in time for release 3.2 of Guitar Rig 3 (which comes with the 64-bit drivers for Rig Kontrol as well, only a year and a half behind schedule )

I don't know, they're obviously talented software people and their products are amazingly impressive when you hear about them and what they are intended to do - especially if you're just looking at the design documents. But the end result seems to be successful inversely in proportion to how ambitious and broad it tries to be, especially until they get some patches into it. Guitar Rig 3.0 was an absolute nightmare, I couldn't even render anything with it, I had to live render its output to a spare track and put up with whatever oversampling I could accomplish live. Trying to render anything would result in this amazingly loud (like, 630dB clipping the digital vmeter) space-ship kinda sound, it was actually pretty cool so before I patched up I made a little sample library of some of the ****ed up sounds it made.

Guitar Rig 3.2 is a good program, not overall the best in terms of amplifier model quality (they range from decent but lackluster, to genuinely excellent - no useless ones or real stinkers, though) but the effects are top notch and the control and routing options are fantastic.
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

What BURNS MY ASS with the kore komplete is its missing files!
the data base is hard to use, guys where is <Library> any way?

Im sure kore 3 will RULE but now its sucking (With multi HDD rigs like mine)
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear addict

I think the European phone support is superb. Very knowledgeable.

J
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- View Post
where is <Library> any way?
Not a Kore user, but that usually indicates some "user specific" variable, like a path to a file or directory. If they meant to give the end user that sort of error, I guess it's supposed to refer to wherever your particular library file(s) were installed to. Maybe you need to point it to the right place if anything has moved or a drive letter has changed.

Sorry if that does you no good or you already knew that.
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

My answer was to uninstall and reinstall with reboots.
Works great now!
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah, it probably zaps all those directory/path prefs and rebuilds them or something when it does that.

Good to hear you're fixed anyway!
Old 23rd January 2009
Lives for gear

yeah above and beyond all this, kore still doesnt work for PT in leopard. im sitting on a big pile of shit(kore), with a bunch of small piles of shit around me(sound packs). apparently i payed good money for this shit too.

maybe since this new 'maschine' BS runs on kore platform I will see a fix patch soon... doubtful...
Old 23rd January 2009
Gear interested

Keep in mind that Digid constantly change the PT codes in every update they do. It is almost impossible for sftwr manufacturers to keep up with them.
Don't you ever wonder why there are only a few sftwr companies who even support RTAS?
PT 8 has already had at least 4 updates where they completely changed the codes, which means that a company like NI who has over 15 products, need to now re-write the RTAS version for everything.

Maschine looks awesome...such negativity...
Old 25th January 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by techee gurl View Post
PT 8 has already had at least 4 updates where they completely changed the codes, which means that a company like NI who has over 15 products, need to now re-write the RTAS version for everything.
And yet, every other plugin company manages to get compatible updates out in a timely manner and well before NI ever does.
Old 8th April 2009
Gear interested

Maschine overall sucks

I've ownwed native instruments maschine for a month now. It is very unstable and crashes all the time. It is not even usable with cubase sx 3 ni stated it was an old program and i need to update. They should have stated that before I purchased the piece of crap. So many features are missing I won't even get into naming them here. You have to use two sequncer with to make a track no matter what. Laying out the track is a work around nightmare. I'm forced to use it with fl studio its the only program that it works with without crashing every five minutes. but it still crashes I've lost countless amount of work due to the crashes. The only good thing about it is it is a good groove box who just needs a $600 groove box for drums only. Good idea poorly excuted don't buy until serious improvements are made. I'm triing to sell mine and go back to mpc1000 with the jj os can't beat it. Ni Maschine doesn't evan come close. A waiste of time and money.
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

then they wonder why everything they have is K'ed. Why purchase a bundle? The support is part of the reason I buy my plugs and dont use Warez. And yes, Waves too. guitar rig 3 is OK, kontakt was good too. absynth was useable.
Old 10th April 2009
tsd
Gear maniac

i bought komplete last year thinking all my software synth/sampler needs would be more than met. they all sound great thats for sure... shame they dont really work.

Protools and native instruments DO NOT MIX... STAY AWAY or risk constant crashes and system spikes.

nasty
Old 10th April 2009
Lives for gear

yeah but does it work stand alone on stage ok?
With out other apps it works solid enough for live use.
Old 10th April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsd View Post
i bought komplete last year thinking all my software synth/sampler needs would be more than met. they all sound great thats for sure... shame they dont really work.

Protools and native instruments DO NOT MIX... STAY AWAY or risk constant crashes and system spikes.

nasty
Pro 53 and Kontakt 2 work fine under PT8 for me - and 7.4 for that matter.
Old 15th April 2009
Gear addict

I have had Maschine for 2 months now. No problems whatsoever with licensing. I know there are ploblems to be had with every software product so how about posting a thread with a title such as "need help licensing Kore" rather than slandering a company when the problem is quite likely on your end.
Old 16th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Pro 53 and Kontakt 2 work fine under PT8 for me - and 7.4 for that matter.
What's the exact Kontakt2 version that's working for you? 2.0 or 2.24 or..?
Old 16th April 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
What's the exact Kontakt2 version that's working for you? 2.0 or 2.24 or..?
Latest version, whatever that is - re-downloaded it when I changed computers.

I've not pushed it yet really, just playing back stuff I'd already programmed.
Old 19th April 2009
Lives for gear

Ticket # piss me off!
Old 17th June 2009
Gear nut

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I am having the same problem..

Bought Komplete 5+ Kore 2. Kore 2 registered w/ no problem. But for some reason the Komplete serial number when registered says "no licensed for activation", what the hell does that mean? Wrote user support, no response as of yet.
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

dfegadNI
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search