BRING BLENDER2 BACK!!!
Old 12th October 2007
Gear addict

BRING BLENDER2 BACK!!!

that U47 thread was one of the funniest things i've read here in a while, but you've banned him and removed it!

At least allow it to be on record so i can read it again on a black day!
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
that U47 thread was one of the funniest things i've read here in a while, but you've banned him and removed it!

At least allow it to be on record so i can read it again on a black day!
No, please
BOYCOTT
Old 12th October 2007
I think that blender guy is serious.

Scary huh?
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

I think his skills as a troll have improved since Blender mkI, but I'm not sure that we need any more of him...
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

I'll vote to bring Blender 2 back, but he has to have own forum and isn't allowed to post elsewhere on GS.
Old 12th October 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

I want to see RCM's confirmation about talking to him. I still think B2 must be a troll. If he is for real, it's still ok to ban him in my book.
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

Old 12th October 2007
Gear addict

Why on earth would you want that garbage back???

Aren't there enough such immature clowns wasting our time already? I get the impression he is only one of many who exists only to bother other people
Old 12th October 2007
Gear Guru

Wait........are you telling me that Blender2 is gone already? Say it isn't so...
Old 12th October 2007
Gear addict

That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Put it back up please. I want to give it a second read.
Old 12th October 2007
Gear Head

I'm sure Blender3 will be along shortly, so be patient.
It's gonna be EPIC!

d
Old 12th October 2007
Gear maniac

although delusion is almost a prerequisit for this business he was taking away from otherwise informative discussions. b2k has arrived.
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

I think the prerequisite for participation in this board should be to have made some music at some point in your life. Imagining it is not enough.
Old 13th October 2007
Gear addict

considering 98% of posts here are serious debate, it's great to laugh at ourselves and not be too serious once in a while. In moderation of course, i'd just like to read that post again.
Old 13th October 2007
Gear nut

Blender 3 for Presidentthumbsup
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

Please no.... waste of time.....
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

I'm all for freedom of speech...
But when that speech is a pack of lies...
An unbelievable hoax...
It's just purely non-productive.
Though Belnder and his buddies are great for a chuckle...
Nah, he will resurface under another alias.

Give him time...
He shall return!

Old 13th October 2007
Gear Guru

I missed it. What happened? Why was his ass banned?
Old 13th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snüzz View Post
although delusion is almost a prerequisit for this business he was taking away from otherwise informative discussions.
I don't agree with that point of view. How does a discussion like that, however silly, take away from any serious discussion? Once seeing what the topic is all about, anyone can choose to never waste their time on it again. How does it take away from anything else? Maybe it should have been moved out of High end (along with this follow up thread ), but if people are getting a few laughs from it, why does that have to bother those that don't find it humorous?
Old 13th October 2007
Gear nut

I'm mostly a lurker here but that was one of the funniest things I'd read for ages. I laughed out loud several times. It actually had some excellent advice and some great anecdotes like the Jenny story.
Old 13th October 2007
Gear Guru

It bothers me because I see people like Blender as crippled- genuinely emotionally disturbed - whether he believes he is a clever troll or whether he believes he is serious.

It's not the obnoxiousness of his posts that bother me, it's the glee with which everybody joins in and gangs up to beat on him. The perfect match to his masochism is the sadism that greets his posts. I'll just say it: Troll-feeding is a form of bullying.

I got sucked into the Walters thing and I am now ashamed I ever posted on one of those threads.

It's not that I don't get the joke, it's that I have heard the punchline already. Many times. Doesn't the very appearance of a Blender call forth cries of "Walters" or that 22 guy or whoever? Don't people immediately speculate that they are one and the same person? What's new here? Maybe they appear to be similar because they represent the same pathology. What's so hilarious about mental illness or someone pretending to be mentally ill?

Screw it, if there are going to be separate "Blender threads" where this goes on, have at it, and don't mind me. I will just skip those threads. Not a hardship.

But if every thread that someone like Blender participates in turns into a troll-baiting beatdown, it's poisoning the forum. Time for him to be banned. Too bad people couldn't simply resist the urge to feed the troll, then banning wouldn't be necessary.

If you all love it SO MUCH, the next time a Blender or a Walters appears, remember to download the thread to your hard drive so you can enjoy it over and over and over.
Old 13th October 2007
Gear Guru

I'm with you Joeq. It's just rude the beating down of folks like this, real or imagined.

I still don't know why it was taken down. Did he or someone say sometihng exceptionally offensive?

What I also don't like, and I addressed this in my only post on the thread, is that anyone who has the balls, the nerve or the naivete to speak out of their brilliance, excellence or in any way remove themselves from THE PACK, that person is suddenly a target, -- he's jumped on relentlessly. Nobody knows anything about this guy. Yet it hits at everyones personal failures that someone else has the audaciy to dream. What happens? He's cut to shreds.
Old 13th October 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
I'm with you Joeq. It's just rude the beating down of folks like this, real or imagined.

I still don't know why it was taken down. Did he or someone say sometihng exceptionally offensive?

What I also don't like, and I addressed this in my only post on the thread, is that anyone who has the balls, the nerve or the naivete to speak out of their brilliance, excellence or in any way remove themselves from THE PACK, that person is suddenly a target, -- he's jumped on relentlessly. Nobody knows anything about this guy. Yet it hits at everyones personal failures that someone else has the audaciy to dream. What happens? He's cut to shreds.
Tends to happen when some kid trolls onto a forum of well meaning, hard working professionals. Lets face it, if you walked into AES holding a banner saying 'you all suck, you have the engineering skills of a maggot, I am God, bow before my image', then walked from booth to booth accosting everybody with various insults, I don't think you'd make it from one side of the hall to the other. Also, those with brilliance tend to shut up and demonstrate it, and only those who merely perceive their own brilliance, tend to talk it up the entire time. Anyhow, good riddance, and if he really is that brilliant, and blender, greatest hits comes out next year, then we'll all look really stupid. And then we'll all learn from his brilliance. thumbsup

The burden of proof generally lies with the person making the fantastic claim.
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

I'm curious as to why he was banned a 2nd time. He was pretty much behaving himself this time, not really being insulting.
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

its really difficult for me to believe he was serious.

oh! look at my post count. a fitting post count for a gearslut
Old 13th October 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by londontown View Post
Also, those with brilliance tend to shut up and demonstrate it, and only those who merely perceive their own brilliance, tend to talk it up the entire time. ..
The burden of proof generally lies with the person making the fantastic claim.
Well, yes and no. I've known some utterly fantastically brilliant people, who knew they were utterly fantasticallly brilliant and let you know it as well. Mozart certainly was crass, and Beethoven knew his worth. Miles Davis was as arrogant as they come.

So it takes all kinds. Modesty isn't a trait of brilliance. It's more often learned behavoir on why people tend to not like you and why you keep losing friends. Most times it's people own buttons that are pushed about why they aren't themselves so brilliant.
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm5k View Post
its really difficult for me to believe he was serious.

oh! look at my post count. a fitting post count for a gearslut
You're gonna have to retire your screen name just so it stay's at 1,073.

At least take a screenshot of that and make it your new avatar.
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
Well, yes and no. I've known some utterly fantastically brilliant people, who knew they were utterly fantasticallly brilliant and let you know it as well. Mozart certainly was crass, and Beethoven knew his worth. Miles Davis was as arrogant as they come.

So it takes all kinds. Modesty isn't a trait of brilliance. It's more often learned behavoir on why people tend to not like you and why you keep losing friends. Most times it's people own buttons that are pushed about why they aren't themselves so brilliant.
I would have to agree with this. I have had to "learn" humility myself to deal with engineers and people in the biz that know more than I do about the technical side. As a musician it can feel demeaning when people who do not play music expect you to be humble towards them simply because of their "position" in the biz or knowledge of music production from years of working at it.

My drummer is a basket case in this regard. For the style of music we do he is the best and well respected by thousands of fans and other drummers who would like to be as good as he his -- as well as engineers in a bunch of different studios we've been in. But he is the most arrogant, cocky, and crass Narcissistic bastard you'd ever want to meet. He is a banger on the drums like no other, and will break 20 sticks every recording session. But he definitely has a "sound" when he is on point that no other drummer I have heard can do quite the same. His sound seems to match his demeanor, and it is as if he is killing somone when he plays the kit which is perfect for the heavier style music we do.

But he absolutely hates engineers and sneers at them the whole time we are in the studio. On quite a few occasions he has become violent as well, and I have had to play psychiatrist in the studio with him many times. But it's funny because once the engineer hears the end result they usually will want his phone # to see if he would be interested in doing some session tracks for other hard core bands.
Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

BRING BLENDER2 BACK ???

i guess ive missed him...

Old 13th October 2007
Lives for gear

What you have to remember is that even though someone isn't playing an instrument at the moment, they may very well be a smokin' player themselves. Lots of great musicians also engineer, and vice versa.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search