had to reinstall protools, now I keep getting plugin popups. help
Old 4th April 2007
Gear nut

had to reinstall protools, now I keep getting plugin popups. help

Hey guys
I had to reinstall protools, and now every time I goto boot it up, I have to click through a bazillion plug-in trial pop-ups. Is there a way to disable this?

Also, now my Mbox wont power up. Ideas?

scott
Old 4th April 2007
Gear Head

try updated drivers about the mbox not starting up...and as for the pop ups...it happened to me with my sans amp...still doesn't work...ever since i upgraded to 7.3....
Old 4th April 2007
Lives for gear

you probably want to remove the trial plugins from the Digidesign plugins folder.
if you are on a Macintosh, you can find them in
/user/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins

if the Mbox won't power up, it is possible that you have a blown (or bad) USB port.
try plugging it in to another USB port while the computer is off, then power the computer back on and see if that works.

cheers.
~j.d.
Old 4th April 2007
Gear nut

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Ran the updater for the mbox, and now I can run protools, but the lights on my Mbox still wont light up. I'm puzzled!

As for the plugins.. deleted, and problem solved. Mucho gracias. I still get a DAE error, but it doesnt hinder performance as far as i know. I've had that for a while.

Here's my next question. I have 6.8.1, and I'm eligable for 7.0 (7.1 too, maybe?) upgrade. I can't for the life of me find it on the digi website. I emailed them , and they gave me an amnesty code, but no download. Ideas?

Edit:added- Monitor outputs don't appear to be working, but headphone outs do. Crap
Old 4th April 2007
Lives for gear

Old 4th April 2007
Gear nut

Great link, thanks!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search