New Reply
Subscribe
jangoux
27th March 2007
Old 27th March 2007
Gear maniac

Echo tech support sucks

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought an Echo AudioFire 8 here in Brazil. I was all excited because of the upgrade of my existing Delta 1010. But when the interface arrived, it wasn't working I sent Echo a few emails, contacted the store (brazilian return policy is quasi non existent, besides, they or the brazilian distributor didn't have any AF8 to replace mine) and the brazilian distributor. After almost a week, I got an email from Echo Tech Support, on a very unprofessional way, almost answering my questions with "yes" or "no" and not giving a clear explanation. I ended up sending my Echo Audiofire to the brazilian distributor, which were a lot more helpful than Echo ever was, and after one week I contacted them and got a reply that a few SMD (three diodes, a DC controller and a IC) on the internal power supply needed to be change. BUT, they contacted Echo asking for the parts (not available on Brazil) and still got no answer. I offered myself to search for the parts and told them i would contact Echo again to hurry things up. The brazilian distributor then told me "Thanks for that...they're kinda lazy with replies". So, I guess I am out of luck.

I will end up keeping the Echo when it arrives (or I might as well sell it and get a Fireface 400), but i will never, ever, buy anything from a company with such a crappy support.

Ivan
27th March 2007
Old 27th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangoux View Post
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought an Echo AudioFire 8 here in Brazil. I was all excited because of the upgrade of my existing Delta 1010. But when the interface arrived, it wasn't working I sent Echo a few emails, contacted the store (brazilian return policy is quasi non existent, besides, they or the brazilian distributor didn't have any AF8 to replace mine) and the brazilian distributor. After almost a week, I got an email from Echo Tech Support, on a very unprofessional way, almost answering my questions with "yes" or "no" and not giving a clear explanation. I ended up sending my Echo Audiofire to the brazilian distributor, which were a lot more helpful than Echo ever was, and after one week I contacted them and got a reply that a few SMD (three diodes, a DC controller and a IC) on the internal power supply needed to be change. BUT, they contacted Echo asking for the parts (not available on Brazil) and still got no answer. I offered myself to search for the parts and told them i would contact Echo again to hurry things up. The brazilian distributor then told me "Thanks for that...they're kinda lazy with replies". So, I guess I am out of luck.

I will end up keeping the Echo when it arrives (or I might as well sell it and get a Fireface 400), but i will never, ever, buy anything from a company with such a crappy support.

Ivan
They are a small company and their email tech support is lousy but their phone tech support is quite good, particularly Marcel.

Expensive for you in Brazil I know but quite doable here in the U.S.

www.jayasher.com
jangoux
12th April 2007
Old 12th April 2007
Gear maniac

Well, it's been two weeks since i contacted Echo personally to ask them to send the distributor the parts needed for my AF8. THe distributor complained a lot about them not replying the e-mails, but finally, both of us got an answer. At the time, 2 weeks ago, they told they would "TRY to send the parts" that week. So, after two weeks, i contacted the brazilian distributor, and he told me he sent Quanta Music an email yesterday. THe reply ? "not yet, but we will TRY to ship it this week". TRY to ship a few damn SMDs ? If they're that busy, can't they simple go on-line, buy it at Mouser.com and make them send it to Quanta ?

Damn. THis is really ridiculous.

I wish every Echo user good luck and that they never ever need tech support.
12th April 2007
Old 12th April 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to treymonfauntre
i had an echo interface for years and it was so reliable i can imagine the company figured they wouldn't even need tech support

jangoux
28th April 2007
Old 28th April 2007
Gear maniac

And the story has taken one more turn....Yesterday, the brazilian tech support called me with good and a bad news. The good is that the parts arrived in Brazil. The bad is that Echo shipped the wrong parts! How come this is possible ? I saw the email he sent to Marcel at Echo, and it was clear what parts were needed, with their respective positions on the schematic. Marcel also sent wrongly some parts that Echo itself wanted to change - a couple of SMD resistors that needed to be 10R ohm, and he sent 10k ohm. Besides, It was told that the parts would be shipped by UPS, becuase i have waited more than 30 days for the thing. However, it was shipped by regular USPS, and that what it took so long to arrive. Talk about keeping a word...

I sent him an email, and, as usual, got no answer.
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Gear addict

I've gotta chime in here. I have used Echo products for years and have always found their tech support to be top notch. Marcel in particular is very responsive and has always been helpful.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search