Todd Bertuzzi is a loser!!
T_R_S
10th March 2007
Old 10th March 2007
Lives for gear

Todd Bertuzzi is a loser!!

Todd Bertuzzi (goon player) takes a player breaks Steve Moore's neck and gets awya with it. Bertuzzi makes millions and continues to play hockey Moore can't play hockey at all

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...309?hub=Canada

Bertuzzi should not be allowed to play until Moore goes back
10th March 2007
Old 10th March 2007
Lives for gear

Steve Moore= LOSER!
dfegad

Hockey is a dangerous game...
What broke Moore's neck is when a bunch of players fell on him.
T.B. is a real, skilled hockey player!
He's a tough, guy....Not merely a goon.
Moore was a marginal player, at best.
He got his just deserts, for taking a cheap shot at Marcus Naslund.
Another skilled hockey player.

I laughed when Moore's parents attempted to sue T.B. for injuring their wimpy son....Because the patrents had to watch the minor scuffle on TV...They were "traumatized" as a result...

It's fun to sue rich people...
The Moore's are pathetic, opprotunists.

The Bertuzi-Moore incident was greatly over-dramatized.

It's very likely that Moore would never had any sort of long-term, productive career in the NHL, regardless.

It's sad that Moore sustained his neck injury in a professional hockey game.That being said...Hockey isn't a sissy sport.
You know the risks when you lace up your skates.
Remember, Moore's own cheap shot led to his injury...
It's not like he was skilled hockey star like Marcus Naslund who he, had no problem thumping with a very dirty check.
10th March 2007
Old 10th March 2007
Gear interested

I've gotta stick up for the home-town boy (well, I'm not actually from Coniston, but close enough!). Besides, I still think that Moore didn't really get hurt until his team jumped Bertuzzi and all 3 of them landed on him.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxon View Post
Steve Moore= LOSER!
dfegad

I laughed when Moore's parents attempted to sue T.B. for injuring their wimpy son....Because the patrents had to watch the minor scuffle on TV...They were "traumatized" as a result...

It's very likely that Moore would never had any sort of long-term, productive career in the NHL, regardless.

It's sad that Moore sustained his neck injury in a professional hockey game.That being said...Hockey isn't a sissy sport.
It's not like he was skilled hockey star like Marcus Naslund who he, had no problem thumping with a very dirty check.
YouTube - Bertuzzi attacks Moore

Yup..laughing at peoples pain and suffering (however insignificant it may be to you personally) is cool
And hell yeah, serves him right; eye for an eye, body check for a broken neck...right on!
Hockey is a dangerous game, but even worse is finding out just how shitty you can be towards your fellow man....and get away with it...cause you got "skillz"...
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

There have been some good "goon" players. Like my old man Jeff Beukeboom (who, incidentally, had the greatest "goon player" name.)

...Sorry, that's all I got. Haven't kept up with hockey for the past couple of years...Rangers fan...You understand...
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Hockey may be a tough sport but it isn't a "sucker punch like a frickin pussy" sport. Bertuzzi is a piece of shit. You are a PUSSY if you can't fight a man face to face.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Steve Moore= LOSER!
dfegad

You can learn alot about a person from a ******** jackass post like this one.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

LOL!

Yes, I learned a ton, from your inane post and your pathetic grasp of reality, as it relates to life and the real world.

It's awfully odd, that the T.B.-S.M. debacle is so sensationalized and over-exaggerated...Over-blown...To the point of being extremist.

There have been thousands of dirty checks, sucker-punches and even flagrant assaults over the the past century in the world of hockey, including brutal stick-work...(assault with potentially deadly weapons...

Todd Bertuzi's actions, though unsportsman-like...Pale heavily in comparison.
It's too bad, Moore broke his neck...And I do truly feel for the guy...
But now he is attempting to extract more than a pound of financial "flesh"from T.B.

It reeks of a flagrant cash grab...Via litigation...Sue the bastards!
Sue them to death!
19.5 million dollars (the lawsuit) for the supposed future earnings of of marginal hockey talent's career-ending injury?

If any average joe is assaulted by virtually any member of the general public, in the same manner as T.B. assaulted Moore...unless they are filthy rich or a major celebrity...(The attacker).
No one... (victim) could hope to garner such a huge, unrealistic lawsuit sum...
No matter how brutal the assault in question might be.
Especially in Canada, where the judicial system is usually very soft on punishing criminals for violent and serious crimes.

There was no way that T.B. set out to break Moore's neck.
He did sucker,punch him.
That was wrong...A very cheap shot.
Regardless, there are tonnes of cheap shots in Major professional sports.
That doesn't make those actions "okay" or "right."
Never-the-less...

When you play a professional sport, you know the risks.
They come with the territory.
That's real life. And it isn't pretty.
Sorry to piss on your parade.
Oops...
dfegad

Once again, for the let's lynch-Todd-mob...
Them's the "breaks."
I hope Moore makes a full recovery.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
This incident was worthy of a much more severe penalty than T.B. received for his unsportsman-like actions against Moore.

Do you remember McSorley-Brashear?

CNNSI.com - NHL Hockey - McSorley found guilty of assault but avoids jail time - Saturday October 07, 2000 05:25 PM

Yeah I remember that and was just as outraged about that and equally so when it comes to the most recent "incident" from a couple days ago. It's one thing to punch a guy with his back turned to you, it's another when you practically climb on his back so you can force him into the ice as hard as you can after sucker punching him like a bitch. It reminds me of Carmello sucker punching then running away or Jeff Gordon picking a fight when he still has his helmet on, if you're going to partake in "manly" activities then be a f*cking man about it.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

T.B. says he's sorry...
I believe him.
He has become a sensationalized, sacrificial lamb.
They have made and example out of T.B. in an attempt to quell the ever-growing level of violence in the NHL.

CBC Sports Online: The Bertuzzi Incident

A real man would accept his apology.
But it's all about the money, really.
Moore wants the jack-pot!
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

"Moore later filed a lawsuit in Denver against Bertuzzi, Canucks head coach Marc Crawford, former Canucks forward Brad May and GM Brian Burke, and Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, the company that owns the Canucks.

Denver District Judge Shelley Gilman dismissed Moore's lawsuit in October 2005. Gilman wrote that a recent state law designed to keep the court system accessible to Coloradans in the wake of a large number of cases filed by non-residents required her to do so.

The judge did add that she agreed with Bertuzzi's legal representatives that the case would be more appropriately heard in Canada, given the site of the incident and the residency of the participants.

"British Columbia bears the most significant relationship to Moore's claims," Gilman wrote.

Moore's lawyers had argued that since the player was a Colorado resident at the time he should be allowed to seek damages within the state.'

===============

Why did Moore file a lawsuit in Colorado and not in British Columiba where the accident happened?

That's an easy question to answer...

U.S. courts are known to dole out much higher lawsuit-injury claims.
also factor in the higher value of the U.S. vs the Canadian dollar.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79 View Post
Yeah I remember that and was just as outraged about that and equally so when it comes to the most recent "incident" from a couple days ago. It's one thing to punch a guy with his back turned to you, it's another when you practically climb on his back so you can force him into the ice as hard as you can after sucker punching him like a bitch. It reminds me of Carmello sucker punching then running away or Jeff Gordon picking a fight when he still has his helmet on, if you're going to partake in "manly" activities then be a f*cking man about it.
A sucker punch, isn't nearly as bad as attacking someone with a weapon, in my opinion.
Both actions are simply wrong, but normally accepted as "a part of the game" in the world of pro sports.

Carmello and Gordon's actions are at least as bad as T.B.'s stupid mistake...

Yet, Bertuzzi is being singled out with the heaviest punishment, financial and games suspended.

It's hard to understand why Bertuzzi's sucker punch on Moore still stirs up such heavy emotions in the hearts of some sports fans....And though it's not right, actions like Bertuzzi's take place on a frequent basis in the NHL and in other sports...Luckily, not many people are accidently breaking their necks in these sort of scuffles.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
What about this one?

Popeye takes on Pedro

That's so wrong...

I hope you meant it was wrong on Zimmers part. What the hell is a 72 year old man doing charging a player and what was he planning on doing once he got to him? Pedro could've made that much worse but he chose to diffuse the situation. The only thing Zimmer hurt that day was his credibility and ego. I'm pretty sure he lost his job after that season.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Both of them.
Stupid moves by highly paid people who are supposed to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

"Zimmer had to have a hole in his head to go after Martinez. And Martinez had to have a few screws loose to throw Zimmer down instead of just stepping out of the way."
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79 View Post
Hockey may be a tough sport but it isn't a "sucker punch like a frickin pussy" sport. Bertuzzi is a piece of shit. You are a PUSSY if you can't fight a man face to face.
I don't think Bertuzzi was right in what he did but the fact that Moore wouldn't fight him face-to-face was what sparked this.
11th March 2007
Old 11th March 2007
Lives for gear

Why aren't the Bert bashers calling for this idiot's head on a legal platter?

WINGS CORNER: Simon's vicious hit costly

Chris Simon...A true GOON!

"Simon's recklessness is reminiscent of the Feb. 21, 2000 incident when Marty McSorley used his stick to hit Donald Brashear in the head. "That's right up there with when McSorley hit Brashear," Kirk Maltby said. "It's unfortunate. I know Chris as a player and I know he's a tough guy and he can get a little temperamental, but something like that, I'm sure he regrets it. It's not something we need going on in our game right now."

12th March 2007
Old 12th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why aren't the Bert bashers calling for this idiot's head on a legal platter?

WINGS CORNER: Simon's vicious hit costly

Chris Simon...A true GOON!

"Simon's recklessness is reminiscent of the Feb. 21, 2000 incident when Marty McSorley used his stick to hit Donald Brashear in the head. "That's right up there with when McSorley hit Brashear," Kirk Maltby said. "It's unfortunate. I know Chris as a player and I know he's a tough guy and he can get a little temperamental, but something like that, I'm sure he regrets it. It's not something we need going on in our game right now."

I mentioned this incident in a previous post.
12th March 2007
Old 12th March 2007
Lives for gear

The bottom line...
The Bertuzzi-Moore debacle was a tragic accident.
Yeah, it was a cheap-shot.
And yeah, it's sad that Moore was seriously injured.
If that pile of players had not fallen on top of him, including his own team-mates, there is a very good chance Moore would not have suffered a broken neck.

But now it's Moore, who is firing the cheapest-shot via his injury lawsuits.
He's basically asking the courts to award him huge and unrealistic sums of money.
Moore's parents are also involved with the legal action.
This all reeks of a greedy cash grab.
At T.B.'s expence.

Moore's basically only asking for virtually every penny Bertuzzi will earn in his life-time.And Moore will not forgive Bertuzzi.
It's a tough thing to due when you're trying to rape a man financially.

Moore also was no stranger to playing a rough style of hockey...
No stranger to dishing out cheap-shots, himself.

He's a hyopcrite of the worst kind and a greedy opprotunist and so are his parents.
If Bertuzzi was a hockey player on the low-end pay scale...
Moore's lawsuits and his financial demands would either not be taking place or nearly as financially lucrative.

People who are crippled in work related and automobile accidents NEVER get the huge kind of settlement money that Moore and his greedy parents are asking for.
No matter how serious the accident.
Moore is recovering physically.
He won't be a gimp or cripple.
Though he may never again play in the NHL...
Even if he had never suffered his current injury...
Moore would never have earned the kind of money he is asking for in his lawsuits during ten NHL careers.

In many rational people's minds, Bertuzzi has gone from villan to victim.

Greed is a sickness.
12th March 2007
Old 12th March 2007
Lives for gear

I'm not a hockey fan...I could care less...I'm from New England and the Bruins suck!...

But...just from an outsider's viewpoint I don't think suing a person that sucker punched you, subsequently led to your broken neck/end of career, for lost wages for the rest of said career is unreasonable at all. People sue for lost wages all the time...the fact that it's 19 million is moot...that's up to the courts to decide.

And as for forgiving the guy...being a pro guitarist, if someone broke my hands that left me unable to play/make a living, you bet I wouldn't be all "forgiving" and probably want to shove a red hot poker straight up the guy's @ss...and sue the bastard for every penny I could get!

Quote:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by roxxon
What about this one?

Popeye takes on Pedro

That's so wrong...

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

I hope you meant it was wrong on Zimmers part. What the hell is a 72 year old man doing charging a player and what was he planning on doing once he got to him? Pedro could've made that much worse but he chose to diffuse the situation. The only thing Zimmer hurt that day was his credibility and ego. I'm pretty sure he lost his job after that season.
I was in the middle of a recording session when this happened. Both me and the band were big Red Sox fans and they had the game on in the lounge. We all stopped tracking when the brawl broke out. You must admit, Pedro did the best he could have in that situation. He could have stood there and punched him in the face but he didn't...when a Butterball is running at you the best you can do is "o-lay" him.
12th March 2007
Old 12th March 2007
Lives for gear

Moores a crybaby lame-ass player.
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Right on,
Henchman...

He's also pretty greedy...
Just like his mommy and daddy!
Moore is getting some terrible legal advice, to say the least.

It's truly scary how some people think that Moore should be able to sue Bertuzzi into bankruptcy, for one stupid mistake.
Moore's injury was an unintended accident.
It almost certainly happened when that pile of players fell on him...
Including his own team-mates.

If this case ever goes to trial, it's completely unrealistic for anyone to assume that Moore will be awarded the huge sum of money that he is demanding in his lawsuit.

Scores of ther crippling and career-ending injuries for many workers, who are on the job...Amount to less than six figure awards.
While it's true that Moore had the potential to earn a few million dollars in his hockey career...Or less, for that matter...
If a judge has to calculate his potential career earnings (if Moore never plays hockey again) the average NHL career is only about 6 years on average.
Moore was a fringe player...
His life-rime earnin potential would be far under the sum of money that he's seeking in his lawsuit.

What I'm wondering is...
Why hasn't Naslund's family sued Moore, yet?
After all, his wife and kids must have been greatly traumatized after seeing Marcus hammered to the ice with a dirty check by Moore.
Naslund, a cleanm star player recieved a concussion for his troubles.
For being a skilled NHL player, when the marginally talented Moore GOONED him with a very cheap shot in a previous game.
Why isn't he suing Moore?

Cheap shots are part of professional sports.
And though ethically they should not be, the fact remains...None-the-same.
When a player goes to work they are at risk for many workplace injuries, including those of the career-ending variety.

Moore, his parents and his legal team are flagrantly attempting to exploit Bertuzzi's celebrity, talent and financial wealth.
And some of the posters on this forum are completely okay with that.

That is truly sickening.

13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

What if Zimmer had a heart attack and died when Pedro thew him to the ground?
Can you say involuntary MANSLAUGHTER charges?
Though Zimmer was a ****** to attack Zimmer, Pedro should have simply side-stepped Zimmer.

And if Zimmer was injured and could never coach again or to die,
due to his scrap with Pedro...
I guess he and or his family should be allowed to sue Pedro for the younger, richer man's life-savings.

Even though Gramdpa Zimmer was the instigator in that altercation...
Two wrongs don't make a right.

A fat and out-of-shape senior citizen charges at you in your workplace...
You throw him to the ground and he is injured or dies...
So you think that would be viewed as a form of justifiable, self-defense by the courts?

Why didn't Zimmer's family sue Pedro?
If they viwed the old man getting man-handled by a much younger athletic stud...
That should have truly traumatized them.
A lot Moore than Moore's parents...
LOL!

Sue, sue, sue!

Some of you people have a very tiny grasp of reality...
As it pertains the the real world and real life.
And it's a great thing for all of us, that you don't create laws as a member of elected government.

13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right on,
Henchman...

He's also pretty greedy...
Just like his mommy and daddy!
Moore is getting some terrible legal advice, to say the least.
Bunch of lame-ass ambulance chasers. Doing the typical American thing. Sue.
IMO Moore was fare game when he himslef attacked Naslund.
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Gear addict

Well, what I don't understand is the attitude of some of the folks posting here. Why all the hate?

It was a series of events that led up to one extremely unfortunate incident in which one player suffered a carreer ending injury. Now that player is suing for damages. Who can blame him?

Furthermore, why is the offending player considered a 'loser' for conducting himself in way that's expected in a hockey game?

Take it easy, here. You guys are all just playing-in to the "over-dramatized" and "senstionalized" media hype.
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthando View Post
Furthermore, why is the offending player considered a 'loser' for conducting himself in way that's expected in a hockey game?

Becasue he's sueing anothe rplayer who also conducted himself the same way as moore did.
So, moore thinks he shouldbe able to goon someone else, but he can't be touched.

Loser.
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
Becasue he's sueing anothe rplayer who also conducted himself the same way as moore did.
So, moore thinks he shouldbe able to goon someone else, but he can't be touched.

Loser.
I was refering to Bertuzzi.
13th March 2007
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthando View Post
I was refering to Bertuzzi.
never mind.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search