Mr Thomas Hughes
- About Mr Thomas Hughes
- Portland, Dorset, UK
- musician/sound engineer/producer/film maker
- Born in 1977. Self taught pianist from 4 years old. Grew up listening to great 60s stuff. Gigging at 13.Recorded 3 albums with The Lucky Bishops. Did a few tours with various bands. Got drunk. Snogged ladies.
- Career highlights
- Recording my own songs, touring with The Lucky Bishops, Phil Guy, Eddie Floyd, Pauline Black, Geno Washing(machine)ton and Nektar, recording other people who's songs I like, THIS gig! http://youtu.be/hlwyHHYch5E
- Other interests
- Making curry, drinking with nice people, painting, annoying strangers on youtube.
- Key gear used
- Akai DPS24 (yep, still using it!), a bunch of mics...SE Voodoo VR1 (Perfect!) self modded Oktava mk219 (honky), self modded Apex 210 (wooly), Rode NT2 (Toppy) etc blah blah blah, LA-610 pre-amp (Mmmmm) Art Voice Channel (hmm) M-Audio DMP3 etc, etc, yada yada, Yamaha HS50s, shit old Behringer Toob Composer (though I like it for the sidechain), blah blah blah, still reading? Blimey!
- 60s French stuff, particularly Andre Popp's production of Marie Laforet. Also, plenty of 60s UK, US and Brazilian music. (Os Mutantes!) Plenty of vocal harmonies: Andrews Sisters, Beach Boys, CSN, Some 50s stuff. Not much 70s. No 80s thanks.
- Hammond organ, piano, guitar, bass, vocals, percussion, rhodes, etc
- Studio Name
- Tom's Mobilish Studio
- Back Line
- That'll be due to the corduroy bed sheet.