ELO-Jeff Lynne Incredible feat...yet tragic!
Old 23rd December 2012
  #31
Lives for gear
 
The_K_Man's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruenburger View Post
If anybody is curious...here is a comparison of Mr. Blue Sky.

Equally egregious is that the reissue is not the full length! I voted with my wallet - and my wallet stayed closed.

To Mr. Lynne and his label: please keep the original available. That's all we're asking!

(By the way gruen, how did you embed that image like that? Sharp and huuuge!)
Old 23rd December 2012
  #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K_Man View Post
Equally egregious is that the reissue is not the full length! I voted with my wallet - and my wallet stayed closed.

To Mr. Lynne and his label: please keep the original available. That's all we're asking!

(By the way gruen, how did you embed that image like that? Sharp and huuuge!)
I just uploaded the picture to imageshack and sized it for message boards. Then when posting the message, I clicked on the little yellow/green icon called "insert image" and pasted the direct link.
Quote
1
Old 24th December 2012
  #33
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruenburger View Post
If anybody is curious...here is a comparison of Mr. Blue Sky.

these images don't really say anything about the sound files they represent

i can easily make the first look like the second and vice versa
Old 24th December 2012
  #34
Lives for gear
 
The_K_Man's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.R View Post
these images don't really say anything about the sound files they represent

i can easily make the first look like the second and vice versa
I've heard songs that turned out to be represented by my DAW like the one on the bottom. They wowed me for the first 1-2 minutes, but that wore off fast.

As for the version represented on top, I set it on repeat>track for the ride home!
Old 24th December 2012
  #35
Lives for gear
 
dcollins's Avatar
 

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.R View Post
these images don't really say anything about the sound files they represent

i can easily make the first look like the second and vice versa
Other than zooming, how do you make the bottom one look like the top?


DC
Quote
1
Old 24th December 2012
  #36
Lives for gear
 

exactly

they're just images...meaningless
Old 24th December 2012
  #37
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.R View Post
exactly

they're just images...meaningless
Not meaningless unless you alter them after importing such as zooming like Dave said. The images represent less dynamics.

The images posted were very similar to the images I saw when importing to Wavelab.
Quote
2
Old 24th December 2012
  #38
i don't see how my picture is meaningless. those waves sound exactly how they look.
Quote
1
Old 24th December 2012
  #39
Lives for gear
 
Waltz Mastering's Avatar
 

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcollins View Post
Other than zooming, how do you make the bottom one look like the top?


DC
You can add an aggressive high pass filter to a brick and when it's rendered, will redraw with proper peaks and valleys. Sometimes you see it in mp3's that are filtered heavily.
Old 24th December 2012
  #40
Lives for gear
 
dcollins's Avatar
 

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz Mastering View Post
You can add an aggressive high pass filter to a brick and when it's rendered, will redraw with proper peaks and valleys. Sometimes you see it in mp3's that are filtered heavily.
Well, anything with phase-shift will "make" signals above the clipping, but they wont turn the bottom one into the top!


DC
Quote
1
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
jabney / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music & Location Recording
3

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.