Techniques for a solid low end?
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

I think its best when done well at the mixing stage with proper use of fundamental and harmonic frequencies to give things room.
2nd February 2013
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear nut

Just out of curiosity. If someone were doing a self ITB master how would you make everything below 100hz mono? I do most of my mastering with ozone 5 at the moment.
2nd February 2013
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkfish View Post
Just out of curiosity. If someone were doing a self ITB master how would you make everything below 100hz mono? I do most of my mastering with ozone 5 at the moment.
Use an EQ that does MS and filter out everything below 100 Hz on the S-channel (side).
Mgr
2nd February 2013
Old 2nd February 2013
Mgr
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkfish View Post
With Ozone you just go to the stereo spread section and set your frequency
in the upper section (where you set your frequency bands) and then grab the slider until you're all down (means zero stereo). For more precision you can also "solo" that frequency band.. You can check what happens on the correlation meter, you'll get a straight line.
Closed Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search