Subscribe
Rivethead
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear Head

Wavelab 6 Audio Montage burns CD's as multi session

Hi -

Any help here would be appreciated.

I'm a long time recording engineer beginning to get into mastering. I've just completed my first job for a friend's album using Wavelab 6. I've used WL for years but never really used the Audio Montage feature.

After much work and careful setup I've set up the clips and cd markers in the AM. All checks out. (I don't have 2 seconds of space at the front, but I understand wavelab corrects for this automatically, yes?) Quick "glasses" check and the cd checks fine.

I burn the cd and it plays perfectly. But when I try to copy it, it won't copy. It's seen as a multi session cd.

I've tried to render it first and burn it as a new montage first and as a basic audio Cd. The same happens.

I just want a burned cd that can be copied as an ISO for duplication and transmission over the internet (I know all about DDP, thanks.)

Any suggestions?
Deleted User #43636
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Deleted User #43636

ISO is for data only. It uses a file format which isnt compatible at all with audio CD structure. Try another format, like cue + bin.
I know that many people hear keep talking about "iso image files for audio CD", but it cannot be the actual ISO 9660 format.
The problem is probably here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image#Limitations
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear nut

Hi.

It´s simple, you would have to remove the option to record disc multisession
Rivethead
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear Head

Sandigger -

Thank you for your reply. I've saved the file as a cue and wav, but can't seem to find anything suitable to burn an audio cd from that. Apparently it's not much used anymore.

As for copying the image, I've tried getting a bin file and it didn't seem to work. I WAS able to get a UIF image, but that's because it supports multi session.

Klaper -

I feel like I've set all the basic cd properties correctly, but I haven't seen any setting specifically for multi session. As I've said, I've tried "Create Basic Audio Cd" "Create CD Image and Cue Sheet" and "Open as New Audio Montage." Would you be able to point out the multi session settings for me? I'd appreciate it.

Just as a side note, my cue sheet from the "CD Image and Cue Sheet" seems proper. They even show the Cd text just fine: 6 tracks, no gaps, all titles and credits. I'll include it below (but I'll obscure the titles and performer names out of respect to my friend and client.)

Thanks again for your suggestions.

TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
FILE "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\RRC DDP IMAGE\RRC Wav Image and Cue\RRC Completed Mix.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 01:05:20
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 06:21:61
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 10:09:58
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 21:00:20
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "A"
PERFORMER "RRC"
SONGWRITER "RRC"
COMPOSER "RRC"
ARRANGER "RRC"
INDEX 01 30:08:06
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear nut

Hello Rivethead,

your CUE sheet seem to be OK for a single session audio disc. The CUE format doesn't support multisession discs natively, there are only some unofficial extensions for this.

If the WAV file is 44/16 then it should be possible to burn the audio CD-R in the ImgBurn freeware burner: The Official ImgBurn Website

After successful burning try to rip the CD-R back into PC twice into separate folders and compare both ripped WAV files (by CRC, MD5 or binary compare method). They should be the same. Then you can be sure (99.9%) the CD-R has been burned well.
GZ Vinyl
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear nut

Hi.

your cue sheet seems to be well, as it says GeorgeZ.
I have extracted this image of the manual of wavelab6,as you can see the option record the CD in multisession is there.

Sorry for my bad english
Attached Images
File Type: png cd_wavelab6.png (14.3 KB, 176 views)
Greg Reierson
Verified Member
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivethead View Post
I burn the cd and it plays perfectly. But when I try to copy it, it won't copy. It's seen as a multi session cd.
There is a check box in the final CD burn window. I don't remember the exact wording but is says something about burning CD Extra. Make sure that check box is NOT checked and the CD will be finalized. Give that a try.

GR

"If the album isn't competing for singles airplay in focus groups, forget about loudness!" - Bob Olhsson
jamesp
Verified Member
19th April 2012
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivethead View Post
Sandigger -

Thank you for your reply. I've saved the file as a cue and wav, but can't seem to find anything suitable to burn an audio cd from that. Apparently it's not much used anymore.
Nero, Imgburn, CDRWin, Plextools and EAC all burn cue/wav - as do many other programs.

James.
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Gear Head

Thanks all for your assistance. I was hung up on the fact that the image was seen as multi session by an ISO tool and wouldn't copy to an ISO, but once I saw that I could indeed burn it as a cue and wav, and to hell with the ISO image, everything worked out fine. The data is identical either way. Thanks again.

And just as a heads up, I was definitely not burning it an a Cd extra. Thanks!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search