Login / Register

Need help with ISRC and UPC encoding...CDA5...
New Reply
Subscribe
Thoughtcrime
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to Thoughtcrime Send a message via Yahoo to Thoughtcrime
Need help with ISRC and UPC encoding...CDA5...

Hello all,

I run a digital-only record label that is releasing rare and out-of-print specialty records (read: records I like) for the digital realm. Most records I am releasing have been mastered at one point or another but I need to encode them with my ISRC and UPC codes before sending them in for distribution.

I have the latest Sound Forge 8 and CD Architect 5 versions and am burning from a brand-new internal HP 1040d EH25 Multiformat writer. I have been importing audio from the CDs and adding the CD Text, UPC and ISRC via the input fields and have had success in writing the CD Text and UPC info but when I re-scan the produced CD-R (Disc > Read Sub-Codes From CD), the ISRC fields come up as all 0's (00-000-00-00000) and the CD Text typed into the "Engineer," Copyright," and "Comments" fields does not come up.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Lives for gear

Not all CD burners can write ISRC codes, I'd say that is your problem. The only valid feilds that I know of for CD-TEXT are artist and title for the album, and artist and title for each track. As far are I know that are no feilds available for Engineer, Comments, etc. Try a different burner and see how it goes.
Thoughtcrime
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzevedo View Post
Not all CD burners can write ISRC codes, I'd say that is your problem. The only valid feilds that I know of for CD-TEXT are artist and title for the album, and artist and title for each track. As far are I know that are no feilds available for Engineer, Comments, etc. Try a different burner and see how it goes.
Damn, I thought that might be the case, and I JUST bought this burner too. Anyone know of PC internal burners that will write ISRC for sure?
Thoughtcrime
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Gear interested

Also, this might not be relevant, but the original CD I used to import from had no ISRC codes and when I imported the sub-codes, the ISRC fields were blank. When I re-read the sub-codes from the CD-R I made, that's when the ISRC fields were filled with all zeros...not sure if that makes any difference at all...
jamesp
Verified Member
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Lives for gear

Verified Member
It is probably worth looking at Sony's web site to see which burners work best with CD Architect. Some software will work to a certain extent with burners that it doesn't recognise but the more advanced features (like CD Text and ISRC's) will be disabled. You may be able to find an option somewhere that overrides the default settings but it is safer to use a burner that is officially supported.

Cheers

James.
12th February 2008
Old 12th February 2008
Gear interested

Well hell, the Sony site says my burner is supported and the (horrible) tech support at HP tells me that ISRC writing is supported on the burner I bought. I'm still getting all zeros in the ISRC spot on every project I attempt. Anyone have any other ideas?
12th February 2008
Old 12th February 2008
Gear Head

Which version of CDA are you using? Try going back to version 5.2a as there are ISRC writing issues with the later versions.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Thoughtcrime
18th February 2008
Old 18th February 2008
Gear interested

This has to be the case, I got my ISRC's to write fine with the basic Nero burnig software that came with the burner...how can I go backward in versions, my disc version is CDA 5.2c...and how the hell can Sony have not noticed this yet?!?
18th February 2008
Old 18th February 2008
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
Hello all,

I run a digital-only record label that is releasing rare and out-of-print specialty records (read: records I like) for the digital realm. Most records I am releasing have been mastered at one point or another but I need to encode them with my ISRC and UPC codes before sending them in for distribution.

I have the latest Sound Forge 8 and CD Architect 5 versions and am burning from a brand-new internal HP 1040d EH25 Multiformat writer. I have been importing audio from the CDs and adding the CD Text, UPC and ISRC via the input fields and have had success in writing the CD Text and UPC info but when I re-scan the produced CD-R (Disc > Read Sub-Codes From CD), the ISRC fields come up as all 0's (00-000-00-00000) and the CD Text typed into the "Engineer," Copyright," and "Comments" fields does not come up.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
I PREMASTER AND I ONLY USE Welcome to Plextor Worldwide! BURNERS THEY ARE THE BEST MOST RELIABLE BURNERS MONEY CAN BUY.
18th February 2008
Old 18th February 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
This has to be the case, I got my ISRC's to write fine with the basic Nero burnig software that came with the burner...how can I go backward in versions, my disc version is CDA 5.2c...and how the hell can Sony have not noticed this yet?!?
Sony have been told numerous times & are, apparently, 'looking into it'.

You can download 5.2a here Sony Creative Software - Download: Updates: CD Architect

You have to uninstall 5.2c 1st before installing 5.2a
Just make sure you make a note of your serial number.

I've tried it & it works.

Bob
25th February 2008
Old 25th February 2008
Gear Head

31st January 2009
Old 31st January 2009
Gear maniac

CD Architect CD text

I see this is an old thread but maybe there's still some life in it?

I have CDArchitect 5.2d installed and use a Pioneer DVR-108 that supports CD text (according to Pinoneer's spec page). I burn "Red Book" Audio CDs with "write CD text" checked (DAO) and text in all fields but none of the burns show up with CD text on three different players (Car, Itunes, LG player). What might the matter be?

Thanks,
FB
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search