Embarrassing Adam Sub7 and Tannoy 601A Question.
Old 19th July 2013
Gear nut

Embarrassing Adam Sub7 and Tannoy 601A Question.

I currently own the Tannoy reveal 601a's i like them a lot, amazing monitors but id like to add a sub i've been looking at the adam sub7. heres my really noobie question. the knob on the front of the sub7 basically determines what frequency's get sent to the sub and l/r monitors right? i.e. if I had the knob set on 110Hz (on the sub7) everything from 0 to 110hz would get sent to the sub7 and anything 110hz+ to the monitors? thanks!
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

That's what you would guess...but it's not quite how it works.

The frequency knob on the front is only a low pass filter for the sub.

The only way to do a high pass filter on your speakers is to leave the 85Hz switch on the back in the out position. This is a fixed filter, and the frequency cannot be adjusted. And in order to use this, you must connect the outputs of your interface into the inputs of the sub, and connect the "satellite outputs" of the sub to the inputs of your monitors.
Old 19th July 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
That's what you would guess...but it's not quite how it works.

The frequency knob on the front is only a low pass filter for the sub.

The only way to do a high pass filter on your speakers is to leave the 85Hz switch on the back in the out position. This is a fixed filter, and the frequency cannot be adjusted. And in order to use this, you must connect the outputs of your interface into the inputs of the sub, and connect the "satellite outputs" of the sub to the inputs of your monitors.
ok thanks for the help much appreciated.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search