New Reply
Subscribe
iamkimosabi
15th March 2013
Old 15th March 2013
Gear maniac

Yay just got some money!!!

Hey guys!

So I recently sold my old interface that was sitting in my closet, which was a Motu Ultralite MK3 Firewire for about a good 400 bucks. I was thinking, the next thing I need to upgrade in my home recording project room, was a pair of really nice monitors.

Right now I am using the Rokit 5 G2, with a K10S sub. It sounds pretty good to my ears, and they translate pretty ok I guess. Hit and miss sometimes. My room IS treated, it's very small room. 8x9.5 ft. Super small I know. I have corner bass traps, rear wall bass traps, and reflection points with panels, everything home made with Roxul 60 board and fabric bought from Hobby Lobby. :D

I was thinking the Adam A5X, I found a used pair for 600 dollars. I mix mainly hiphop/rnb/pop. Things that have a lot of low end in it, and that is the main reason I got the KRK K10s subwoofer for my RP5s.

So I am generally torn, A5X? Or should I get the HS80Ms? Or the Equator D5 everyone here is raving about? Im sort of scared to get the Equator D5, because people have been reporting tons of issues with them as well as giving great reviews about them.

Im open to all suggestions, thanks fellas.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search