2nd pair monitors
New Reply
Subscribe
Gdupproductions
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

2nd pair monitors

Would it be a good idea to get a 2nd pair of mixing speakers ?.
I already have the Krk rp6 g2s but somebody is selling some Yamaha hs50's for 266$ a pair...+ 1.5 year warranty.

My room has been treatment (and more is coming soon),
but i'd like to know if these speakers are any good ? considering translation.
in the 100-600 hz area...

if these sound just like a hard high pass speaker then i'm not even wanna be bothered about this deal.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/GdupProductions
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Not any better than your krks. I'd save some money and pick up a used pair of HR824s.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Do I recommend a second pair of monitors? NO! Do I recommend a better FIRST pair? YES. The problem with buying multiple monitors is that they are designed to do ONE THING......and that is to provide an accurate representation of the mix. My professional advice is to invest in ONE GREAT PAIR of monitors that you can train your ears to, listen, mix, trust, etc. That said I do recommend to have a couple sets of PLAYBACK speakers, such as computer speakers and home stereo cabinets. These are what to expect in the real-world.
www.theaudioprofessional.com (to meet me)

p:(404)844-9758 (24-hour phone/voicemail)
e:blyons@gcpro.com

*No one beats my value of Expert Advice, Personal Service, and Incredible Pricing....NO ONE*
Gdupproductions
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremycox View Post
Not any better than your krks. I'd save some money and pick up a used pair of HR824s.
Then i reside with the problem, will they not cause any more problems in my room ? (acousticly). It's 4m Long by 1.90m Wide by 2.77m High. And i sit approx 150cm ish from my front wall.
Gdupproductions
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradLyons View Post
Do I recommend a second pair of monitors? NO! Do I recommend a better FIRST pair? YES. The problem with buying multiple monitors is that they are designed to do ONE THING......and that is to provide an accurate representation of the mix. My professional advice is to invest in ONE GREAT PAIR of monitors that you can train your ears to, listen, mix, trust, etc. That said I do recommend to have a couple sets of PLAYBACK speakers, such as computer speakers and home stereo cabinets. These are what to expect in the real-world.
Could you possibly recommend me a good 6 to 7 inch woofer cone speakers for a room my size (mentioned above ?).

20/20 Bass V3 ?, would that be a step up ?
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdupproductions View Post
Then i reside with the problem, will they not cause any more problems in my room ? (acousticly). It's 4m Long by 1.90m Wide by 2.77m High. And i sit approx 150cm ish from my front wall.
Speakers are independent of room problems. You cant hear a room problem if your speakers cant produce the frequency.
22nd January 2013
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear interested

hs50m are better then the krk's imo

but try to get 1 pair of studio monitor that you can trust and get some other types of refferences like headphones/ regular speakers etc.
Gdupproductions
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremycox View Post
Speakers are independent of room problems. You cant hear a room problem if your speakers cant produce the frequency.
I'm aware off that ,but i think it wouldn't be a good idea to get 8 inchers in a room that small cuz i can only sit like 1.20m away from them MAX...

I'm getting a thick ass cloud and 2 more broadband absorbers and see if i get any mor esatisfied with the results.

I whas just asking bout the yammies becuz i could get such a good deal on them. Yet i wouldn't use em as Main mixing speakers cuz they have no low end.
Gdupproductions
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTR View Post
hs50m are better then the krk's imo

but try to get 1 pair of studio monitor that you can trust and get some other types of refferences like headphones/ regular speakers etc.
I have been spending a whole lot of time lately mixing and interpreting my speakers but i feel they are muddy bellow 400hz kinda dipped in the 1000hz area and a bit upfornt around 2000-4000hz i might be wrong ebut bellow 400hz is kinda crap :|.
23rd January 2013
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

You're never going to really get a mix that translates well with those speakers. The size of your room is fine as long as you have enough acoustic treatment.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search