Strange button inside gxl 2400 condenser
Old 17th January 2013
Gear interested

Strange button inside gxl 2400 condenser

When I graduated high school a really good friend of mine bought me this mic. It isn't the best mic in the world but I do like the way it sounds and I've used it on plenty of sources. Well I fiddled with it today and removed its cover to find that there's an odd button right in the middle of it. I've attached some images, anyone have any idea of what it might be? It'd be wonderful if it was a pad haha.

(Its the blue square in the middle of the microphone)
Attached Thumbnails
Strange button inside gxl 2400 condenser-2013-01-17-06-52-09.489.jpg   Strange button inside gxl 2400 condenser-2013-01-17-06-52-35.185.jpg  
Old 17th January 2013

On a serious note, if it's not a pad then its a hipass switch.
Old 17th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

It's a high pass filter...I own 2 of these mics and switched to high pass on both for less rumble and bass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagonz94 View Post
When I graduated high school a really good friend of mine bought me this mic. It isn't the best mic in the world but I do like the way it sounds and I've used it on plenty of sources. Well I fiddled with it today and removed its cover to find that there's an odd button right in the middle of it. I've attached some images, anyone have any idea of what it might be? It'd be wonderful if it was a pad haha.

(Its the blue square in the middle of the microphone)
Old 17th January 2013
Gear interested

I wonder why cads neever documented anything about it, perhaps these mics are rebranded?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search