more Mininova/Ultranova questions
katstudio
Thread Starter
#1
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
  #1
Gear nut
 
katstudio's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
more Mininova/Ultranova questions

I think i'm sold on the Nord Stage 2 because of the insane pianos and samples, and the great feeling keys. I think because that is such a huge purchase, I will have to cut back (again) on what I can spend on a dedicated synthesizer, and I think the Novation Mininova would do the trick to go along with my slim phatty. Unfortunately my experience with mini-keys have been awful (i.e. I have an Akai mpkMINI and I hate it) so are the keys good, or should I invest in an Ultranova for full sized keys? (By the way i'm ok with looking at the screen for parameters, so getting it all on the keyboard isn't an issue.)


Just as a bit of insight, the stage would see a lot of studio and mild gigging time. The Mininova is mostly for studio work and for leads and mild pads and gritty sounds, all of which my moog are not very good at.
#2
18th December 2012
Old 18th December 2012
  #2
Gear maniac
 

perfect ..Ultranova it is then .. .go ahead !

Im loving the full sized keys
katstudio
Thread Starter
#3
19th December 2012
Old 19th December 2012
  #3
Gear nut
 
katstudio's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersync.09 View Post
perfect ..Ultranova it is then .. .go ahead !

Im loving the full sized keys
ok, thank you! I will look into the ultranova at b&h for $520, or a mininova for $449, I might actully lean towards the mininova because I could take it gigging, with all of its live features.
#4
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #4
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by katstudio View Post
ok, thank you! I will look into the ultranova at b&h for $520, or a mininova for $449, I might actully lean towards the mininova because I could take it gigging, with all of its live features.
I honestly believe that the UltraNova does everything the MiniNova does better. And that includes live performance. Having used an UltraNova for many gigs, it does everything I could ask, particularly its huge modulation matrix and those touch-sensitive knobs
katstudio
Thread Starter
#5
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
  #5
Gear nut
 
katstudio's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyWaltz View Post
I honestly believe that the UltraNova does everything the MiniNova does better. And that includes live performance. Having used an UltraNova for many gigs, it does everything I could ask, particularly its huge modulation matrix and those touch-sensitive knobs
Really the reason I lean towards the Mininova is because of the price ($420) over the ultranovas ($520), which in my budget is a big difference.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
rjalex / Newbie audio engineering & production question zone
2
lightfire / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
1
lightfire / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
0
Aiyn Zahav / So much gear, so little time!
5

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.