Dear beginners, what are your AMBITIONS and the DREAMS you would like to turn real ?
J.Sandstrom
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Dear beginners, what are your AMBITIONS and the DREAMS you would like to turn real ?

The title says it all, AS ENGINEERS:

What made you want to be in this field ?

What motivates you ?

What are your dreams?

How would you want to see yourselves in 10 years time?
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

What were yours J?
J.Sandstrom
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjew24 View Post
What were yours J?
Passion for engineering and fascination on how people could create such an experience in a track. People like Bob Clearmountain.

I was fascinated by how producers, and engineers had the power to manipulate their audience.

My dreams were to be what I am now mixing for Universal Finland It took 5 years more than I expected
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Village Idiot

9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs View Post
To get girls...

Gustav
You're on the wrong side of the window for that.
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Lives for gear

Start a studio/label with a roster of artists I'm excited about - and make a profit.
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Gear maniac

Open a studio with a tattoo shop, skatepark, couple nppl paintball setups, and a racing circuit around the building. It WILL happen
9th December 2012
Old 9th December 2012
Gear addict

No beginner or sensitive hipster am I , but the goal for me was total independant freedom of composition and recording without being married to four or five other people, and a record company to boot. To provide a showcase for my many talents as a singer/composer/arranger/engineer/producer. To be able to generate any type of sound in the realm of recorded music, and to provide a service to other struggling bands and artists to help them realise their creative vision as well, as time permits. To basically give a big fat **** you to ABC, MSNBC, CBS, MTV, Comcast, Disney, Universal, Atlantic, Reprise, A&M, MCA, Epic, Island, Warner Bros, EMI, and all the rest of the networks/labels to illustrate emphatically that I'm nobody's bitch, nobody's fool and nobody's property and that an artist can survive and succeed on their own terms and there own merits. To understand how this wave of music infused me with creativity, intellectual provocation, and personal freedom.
Drugs, women, sex or food have never done for me what the language of music has and for this I am glad to know that,
all I need is music, sweet music ther'll be music everywhere.
I am almost there. I have a few more investments to make and some financial issues to clean up, but will have all the tools I need very soon to realize a fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth dimension of music. You haven't heard anything like this before...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search