Best Home Recording Contest (Any Genre)
Old 4th December 2012
Gear interested

Best Home Recording Contest (Any Genre)

Hello Gearslutz.

My name is Sam and this is my first post. As all first posters tend to say, I have been "perusing" this site for quite some time, and have learned a lot from all of you.

I have been mixing records for about 5 years. I have done a few full records and EPs, but mostly I've done low budget singles. I'm looking for some new fresh material to work with to improve my portfolio. And since a mix is only as good as the recording technique used on the project, I have decided to hold a contest here on Gearslutz where I will offer free mixing to the best (or perhaps the several best) songs I receive in response to this thread. This is a win-win as I will get some new portfolio material and you will get a song mixed for free.

So, if your track is currently private, PM me a link to download (or at least listen to) the rough mix of your song. If you don't mind everyone listening at this stage, just go ahead and post your link in response to this.

Thanks. Can't wait to hear all of your songs.

Sam

PS... I am NEW to this forum and I have no idea if this is appropriate or not. I have seen posts like this before but if this is in the wrong place or is totally inappropriate, please let me know.
Old 5th December 2012
Gear Head

Not sure if this is appropriate or not ...

Just keep in mind that many of us on this site are engineers ourselves, and are likely not looking for others to mix our music projects.

Maybe there are some that would be interested though.

Good luck.
Old 28th December 2012
Gear addict

Maybe best posted on a musician forum. Half the fun of owning a studio is recording and mixing my own material on those inevitable down days. Though it could be interesting hearing some mixes by other people and seeing/hearing their take on my raw files and how they'd balance the mix. Which instruments they,d push forward etc.

Interesting idea. Good luck friend
Old 28th December 2012
Baz
Lives for gear

I agree with these guys.You're not likely to get many takers on a forum where people are here to learn more about mixing their own music...

Maybe try Harmony Central (I haven't been to a musicians forum in years) or something along those lines. Even then, you'll most likely find that many of those people will be mixing themselves too.

You're probably better off posting something in your local Craigslist - I see it here all the time: "will mix your tracks for free" by guys fresh out of recording school etc.
Old 28th December 2012
Banned

Hi Sam.

I'd like to take part.

I'm currently producing a male vocalist, pop stuff, and it would be great to send you a song or two. If you choose one of his songs, perhaps after the contest you could be our go-to online mixer. Currently looking for one through trials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljamescook View Post
Hello Gearslutz.

My name is Sam and this is my first post. As all first posters tend to say, I have been "perusing" this site for quite some time, and have learned a lot from all of you.

I have been mixing records for about 5 years. I have done a few full records and EPs, but mostly I've done low budget singles. I'm looking for some new fresh material to work with to improve my portfolio. And since a mix is only as good as the recording technique used on the project, I have decided to hold a contest here on Gearslutz where I will offer free mixing to the best (or perhaps the several best) songs I receive in response to this thread. This is a win-win as I will get some new portfolio material and you will get a song mixed for free.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search