New Reply
Subscribe
Neodym
28th May 2012
Old 28th May 2012
Lives for gear

Airmotiv 6 vs Adam A7x

being fan of ribbon and folded ribbon tweeters I saw this new monitors
from Emotiva Pro,I think they from USA....

they have this heil tweeter thats like ribbon only it works by squeezing air
rather than vibrating it with aluminium string of classic ribbon,they say its more efficient,that it can move more air this way and it should distort less

they cost like 700 dollars for pair of 6.5" the biggest in the line,the airmotiv 6

also the reviews are very possitive,from what I heard it should have more accurate bass than A7x even trough that A7x is 7" and not 6.5",they claim that airmotiv 6 have 210w power,

but I saw freqency analysis and also I saw person saying it have harsh upper mids,around 4khz... it have clearly spike in this region

so is this cheap crap or is this better than other ribbons, great monitor for price?
Neodym
1st June 2012
Old 1st June 2012
Lives for gear

I like to bump it bump it!
2nd June 2012
Old 2nd June 2012
Gear maniac

I've been scoping this company out as well. Don't know anything about them but was curious if anyone's tried their line.

"Results beat logic- always."
DAW- Sonar, PC: i7 4770K processor, Roland, Mytek, A-Designs, Universal Audio, Neumann, AKG, Shure, Marshall, Gibson, Fender, G&L, Takamine
Neodym
2nd June 2012
Old 2nd June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacalait View Post
I've been scoping this company out as well. Don't know anything about them but was curious if anyone's tried their line.
my friend is probably going to get there before me depending on shipping cost,I really hope these will not dissapoint,lol returning them with that shipping cost,man that would be baaaaad :D
Neodym
3rd June 2012
Old 3rd June 2012
Lives for gear

what I would do for single post from somebody who owns them :(
8th June 2012
Old 8th June 2012
Gear interested

I own a pair of the Airmotiv 6s. Certainly the best monitor pair I could find under $1k, and though I've not head-to-head compared em' to A7x.....at half the price they are damn close....plus they've had awesome customer service with quick response to any questions I've had, and a 5 year transferable warranty. It's really hard to go wrong.

I got them after hearing them at NAMM and based the discussion in this thread: Emotiva Pro monitors

Hope that helps!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search