CAD e70`s...dissapearing?
New Reply
Subscribe
soma89
28th April 2012
Old 28th April 2012
Gear nut

CAD e70`s...dissapearing?

Just bought one for $99 at B & H but they said it was the last one. Almost everywhere i look they`re "no longer available". Anyone know what the deal is? I might wanna buy a second one! :D
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soma89 View Post
Just bought one for $99 at B & H but they said it was the last one. Almost everywhere i look they`re "no longer available". Anyone know what the deal is? I might wanna buy a second one! :D
That would be a shame if they discontinue them. I got a pair when they were $50per at AMS and they're decent mics. Pretty close to my AT3031's, but a little noisier. The 3031's are another discontinued SDC that's worth grabbing if you see one in good shape. Good luck in your quest.
29th April 2012
Old 29th April 2012
Lives for gear

I've got one that I like a lot on the ukulele. It's a little too bright for the acoustic guitar, IMHO....but I like the sparkle it gives a uke.

Audiobook for my suspense novel, THE DEVICE. 4-Stars!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Device/dp/...s=kurt+feldner

Music Sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQSESRzhkkw
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

It's too bad but apparently they have been discontinued. These were good mics with a MAJOR presence peak if that was the sound you were looking for. They were even better if the capsule-to-FET capacitor was replaced with a film capacitor. For the price they were hard to beat.
soma89
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris319 View Post
It's too bad but apparently they have been discontinued. These were good mics with a MAJOR presence peak if that was the sound you were looking for. They were even better if the capsule-to-FET capacitor was replaced with a film capacitor. For the price they were hard to beat.
Cool, do you know of any sites that describe in detail mods like this that I could do to mine?
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

As I've written a bunch of times on this board, I'm almost certain that Superlux S/241 is the the exact same mic (but without a second capsule)

So that can still be grabbed up. I own a pair and they are keepers. I use them for acoustic guitar and even vocals.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search