Ultragain 8 - Profire 2626 - Issues Issues...
InTheBox
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Gear maniac

Ultragain 8 - Profire 2626 - Issues Issues...

Soo..

I was asked to teach Pro Tools to a newbie, which is fine, but I struggled a bit with his setup:
Behringer Ultragain 8 via ADAT into
Profire 2626 hooked up with
Pro Tools 10 on Imac 27".

Issues:

Occasional clicks (Probably clocking issues, what is the right setting throughout the chain here? Hardware and software)

TB mic directly into the 2626 and routed out from Pro Tools Out A 3-4 for monitoring, also could be heard through Main studio monitors connected to Out A 1-2. (Checked the I/O setup, but didn't find overlaps. Does the 2626 have direct monitoring in the box or through the 2626 app ?)

Answers will be greatly appreciated :-)

-Box
InTheBox
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Gear maniac

InTheBox
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Gear maniac

anybody?
24th April 2012
Old 24th April 2012
Lives for gear

2 bumps in 2 hours.....you know that this place isn't a help line...

What de-bugging have you tried? Have you removed the ADA from the equation to see if the clicking persists?

Have you read the manuals?

Have you contacted the manufacturers directly or consulted their online forums (if available)?
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Gear nut

have you made sure the project settings are at the right settings for the 26262 and the ultragain?

have youtried turning it off and on again (simple answer but might work)
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Lives for gear

The profire 2626 has its own routing and direct monitoring. It's like inception with this thing. I have one
InTheBox
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Gear maniac

Thanks for the answers so far.

I found out a few things from the M-audio forum regarding clocking, and will try to guide the guy through these steps over the phone. Seems that 2626 has to be master and the ADA Ultragain slave. (Settings in the 2626 controlpanel-app must also be checked)

mattjew, you kind of confirmed my suspiscion, that there is something going on with the 2626's direct monitoring. I will try to dig deeper with the manuals.
Never had this problem with the digi/avid interfaces.

Thanks

-Box
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Lives for gear

Have you made sure the ada8k's word clock setting is correctly set?
27th April 2012
Old 27th April 2012
Gear addict

I have never used the 2626, but i do have a Focusrite LS56 that i use together with two adat interfaces, one of them being an ADA8000.

I connect both of these interfaces only through adat for both syncing and sound which also gives the benefit of decreasing the risk for groundloops in the system.

So with this method connect both of the adat connections (both in and out) to and from the ada8000 and set the sync switch on the ada8000 to "adat in" (slave) and set the profire 2626 to master (ADAT) and you should be set to go.

The ada8000 is a great product BTW, great value !. Love the LS56 as well !
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Gear interested

Not sure if you've tried this, but don't forget to use word clock over a BNC cable, cause it sounds like you're getting jitter and i've found that trying to sync over ADAT is extremely ineffective at removing jitter. Best of luck and i hope you figure out what the issue is!
RiF
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
RiF
Lives for gear

I have two Behringer ADA8000's (pre 12/2009 units) hooked up to my Profire 2626 (PT9/Win7-64) and they're both running fine and rock solid.
The Profire 2626 is the master and clocks the ADA8000's which are set to be slave on the back of the unit. To get everything synced up nicely you have to make sure to connect BOTH ADAT-cables (in AND out). A single one (in case you're just using the Behringer just for inputs or just for outputs) does not work, at least in my case. No additional cabling like word-clock needed here.

And the Profire 2626's monitoring can be adjusted using the control panel that comes with it (at least on my Windows box). Direct monitoring seemed to be on by default, so everything coming in into the 2626's inputs seemed to go directly out of the corresponding outputs.
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
There are some good answers here; slaving the ADA8000 is key. Also, be sure that you haven't inadvertently set one unit to a different sample rate than the other (such as one at 48 kHz and the other at 44.1 kHz).
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsondRecords View Post
Not sure if you've tried this, but don't forget to use word clock over a BNC cable, cause it sounds like you're getting jitter and i've found that trying to sync over ADAT is extremely ineffective at removing jitter. Best of luck and i hope you figure out what the issue is!
Depends on the device.
30th April 2012
Old 30th April 2012
Lives for gear

The popping may be CPU errors...check the buffer settings and perhaps increase it

As for the TB mic. You have to open the Profire's control panel. It's a full fledged dsp mixer. This problem has to do with the inability of Pro Tools to turn off/on input monitoring. Check the DSP mixer and you'll figure it out
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search