Looking for a better internal soundcard
New Reply
Subscribe
Vibes Antagonist
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear nut

Looking for a better internal soundcard

I have a Toshiba Satellite L550, for the moment I run FL Studio 10 on it and use an Akai MPK 25. The standard sound card is the Microsoft High-End Audio Device, and so far when I combine it with Asio4All it sounds ok, but I want to step up my mixes and I´ll need a professional soundcard for that. I only have two USB ports though and I don´t think I´ll be recording instruments or vocals anytime soon so I guess I´ll go with an internal one. Can anyone recommend me one for about 100€?

PS I´m not sure if this is the right forum, sorry mods in case it isn´t
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

Vibes Antagonist
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Gear nut

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'll check that link out
15th April 2012
Old 15th April 2012
Lives for gear

There are internal ones from for example digigram (vxpocket line of products). I have one and it's great with balanced ins and out, headphone amp, even timecode.

Just that you'd have to have a laptop with a new PCMCIA express slot and buy an equivalent new card. (I have the older type II)

Adk sells computers with the modern PCMCIA express slot for example
Vibes Antagonist
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfortas2006 View Post
There are internal ones from for example digigram (vxpocket line of products). I have one and it's great with balanced ins and out, headphone amp, even timecode.

Just that you'd have to have a laptop with a new PCMCIA express slot and buy an equivalent new card. (I have the older type II)

Adk sells computers with the modern PCMCIA express slot for example
Hmm, currently my budget won't allow me to get a new laptop, though I'll look into those laptops... thanks for the info!
16th April 2012
Old 16th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibes Antagonist View Post
Hmm, currently my budget won't allow me to get a new laptop, though I'll look into those laptops... thanks for the info!
This is my Digigram vxPocket v2. I got it off eBay for around 200$ used some years ago.
New ones cost a lot.

Anyway, if you dont have a slot like this one or the new express slot, just get one of the newer USB interfaces
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a better internal soundcard-bild-024.jpg   Looking for a better internal soundcard-bild-025.jpg  
2nd June 2012
Old 2nd June 2012
Gear interested

I use my VXpocket mainly for playback and venue calibration.
I have finally decided to let go of my old laptop which means I cannot use this card anymore. I have it up on ebay for a $100 if anyone’s interested.
Digigram VXPocket V2 laptop sound card with Analog & Digital I/O | eBay

If any of you already have the VXpocket I recommend contacting Digigram since they have updated VX drivers that have been released are not yet on posted their website (its great that they are still supporting the product)
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search