saturnation before low pass filter on bass or after
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#1
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
saturnation before low pass filter on bass or after

You know this hip hop low pass filter on bass between 100 and 200 hz, would you add, your saturnation (drive) after it or before??
#2
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
NeoHippy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loscolorados View Post
You know this hip hop low pass filter on bass between 100 and 200 hz, would you add, your saturnation (drive) after it or before??
saturation is just addig more overtones...depending at which spectrum you start adding them, you probably wont hear much of it if you lp afterwards!
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#3
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#4
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippy View Post
saturation is just addig more overtones...depending at which spectrum you start adding them, you probably wont hear much of it if you lp afterwards!
are overtones harmonics? so you think low pass should be beffore
#5
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #5
Banned
 

You can never have to much saturnation
#6
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #6
Saturnation goes after Jupternation, and before Neptunation.

Now on a serious note: it totally depends on what you want.
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#7
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
You can never have to much saturnation
question is before or after, and not to much or tool less
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#8
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Saturnation goes after Jupternation, and before Neptunation.

Now on a serious note: it totally depends on what you want.
i want to get more low and, and make it more dirty
#9
18th March 2012
Old 18th March 2012
  #9
Lives for gear
 
NeoHippy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loscolorados View Post
are overtones harmonics? so you think low pass should be beffore
yes basically they are....

i would lowpass before saturating it!!!

if you use an enhancer you wont get more low-end...just more "highs"!!

(except if you put the starting frequency really really low...but i think it just would sound crappy)

but as always: just try it out, and let your ears tell you which way sounds better...

if i had to guess, i would say lp and then distorion/enhancer etc
loscolorados
Thread Starter
#10
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippy View Post
yes basically they are....

i would lowpass before saturating it!!!

if you use an enhancer you wont get more low-end...just more "highs"!!

(except if you put the starting frequency really really low...but i think it just would sound crappy)

but as always: just try it out, and let your ears tell you which way sounds better...

if i had to guess, i would say lp and then distorion/enhancer etc
where would you use waves r bass in this chain?
#11
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
  #11
Lives for gear
 
NeoHippy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loscolorados View Post
where would you use waves r bass in this chain?
just try it out dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a plugin...just put it eveywhere in the signalflow, and you leave it at the position where it sounds best...
#12
19th March 2012
Old 19th March 2012
  #12
Lives for gear
 
krushing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippy View Post
just try it out dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This x 1000. Hell, put a saturation plugin both before and after the lowpass - because you can. Plugins give you the possibility to experiment in a way that was never feasible or even possible with hardware alone.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Watersound / So much gear, so little time!
21
vtone / So many guitars, so little time!
7
Ydope / Low End Theory
34
Lunatic / Low End Theory
9

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.