Ipad and amps
New Reply
Subscribe
Hell Atlantic
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Ipad and amps

i know how to connect my guitar to an ipad - but i'd like to know how can i send the signal from ipad to an amp or PA? i basically want to use my ipad as my effects rack for a studio mess-around gig (not playing live in front of a crowd so i don't care about the ultimate sound). everything i've found is to connect ipad to a computer but its so hard to find info on connecting to an amp or external sound system? i basically want to use amplitube for my effects chain.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Hell Atlantic
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMAllen View Post
that looks exactly like what i need, but at that price...oof. that's steep. i was thinking more in terms of which radio shack cables would allow connecting ipad to an amp or PA, guess ipad isn't there yet.
13th February 2012
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
that looks exactly like what i need, but at that price...oof. that's steep. i was thinking more in terms of which radio shack cables would allow connecting ipad to an amp or PA, guess ipad isn't there yet.
This:
BEHRINGER: UCG102

Plus the Apple Camera Kit (which gives you a USB port; there are a boatload of apps that require/use the Camera Kit to hook up USB devices with your iPad).

Line level from the headphone out to your amp might require impedence matching; I'm not sure though.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search