New Reply
Subscribe
Ziekdope
14th January 2012
Old 14th January 2012
Gear Head

Mackie Blackjack

Hello all,

I want to buy this interface but there is one thing bothering me. Are there still so many driver problems with this interface on Windows 7, 64 bits? Is there any lag with recording?

I haven't got any wiser from searching on Google because most answers found were more than 6 month's old and there are new drivers available. So is anybody using it on Windows 7 without problems, or should I just go with the Scarlett 2i2 because of better drivers/support.

Thanks.
Ziekdope
14th January 2012
Old 14th January 2012
Gear Head

Bump.
Ziekdope
15th January 2012
Old 15th January 2012
Gear Head

Nobody on this forum with the Mackie Blackjack on Windows 7?
15th January 2012
Old 15th January 2012
Lives for gear

15th January 2012
Old 15th January 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Poet View Post
I have a Blackbird on Mac, but that's Firewire and not USB. Have you tried Mackie Forums? I also just found Mackie (It's a shame) on here, someone else with trouble.
Cheers, that pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

I would go for the Blackjack if I had a Mac because it doesn't need drivers. But them I'm going for the Scarlett.
20th January 2012
Old 20th January 2012
Gear maniac

No one buy the blackjack if you are running Windows. I finally had mine working with ASIO driver but then it went back to noise problems after 2 days. Not worth the hassle. Now getting a 2i2.
7th March 2012
Old 7th March 2012
Gear maniac

I have to agree...I've always dug Mackie stuff in the past in terms of their bang for the buck value...you definitely can't find a pre of this quality in the same price range, and I've had great luck with their MR series monitors, again for the dollars they're hard to beat. But this product in particular (if you're running Win7) is a dud, they still haven't released a workable driver. I've been using ASIO4ALL which does an admirable job, but it's still not as good as having a proper driver with it. Try one of the Focusrite products perhaps, or actually for only a few more bucks, AKAI has a very cool looking 4 input unit coming out soon.
8th March 2012
Old 8th March 2012
Gear maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to artur.fisher
I am using Mackie Onyx 1640, I think all these series have very similar topology. No problems with Win 7 64-bit...
Full info and pictures here: DIY Recording Equipment
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

I've used the Blackjack under Win 7 through the ASIO4All driver with no major (crashes, no connectivity, etc) issues. Can't recall having issues with Mackie's driver either, but with all the recomendations to use the ASIO driver I installed it - a bit more flexible in the configuration department. I also use the Krystal tracker software over Mackie's Tracktion3. There are some latency issues that can be overcome by re-aligning tracks to sync with the root track. A counterproductive PITA, but fixable nonetheless. My $0.02
21st June 2012
Old 21st June 2012
Gear interested

I used the blackjack onyx successfully with my laptop running VISTA... then i made the mistake of upgrading to WIN7... nothing but rice crispies (snap, crackle, pop!)
Very frustrating! Downloaded the new V3 drivers, they work marginally better, although still get the occasional noise... i refuse to go back to VISTA...
Any suggestions????
I run an hp dv7-1129wm
Win7
Cubase 5
64 bit os
4GB ram
500GB HDD
22nd June 2012
Old 22nd June 2012
Gear interested

EUREKA!!!
Finally figured out what was wrong!! After changing the power settings on my laptop (when plugged in: min power 100%, etc.) I picked up an inexpensive AC USB hub from Radio Shack.. plugged in my mackie onyx blackjack, fired up Cubase 5, and ...
IT WORKED!!!! FLAWLESSLY!!! and that's with the mackie V3 drivers!
I am absolutely delighted! It works just as wellas it did when i was running VIsta!
I figured that a good place to start would be the power configuration, and it seems i was right.
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

Kinda resurrecting this ol' thread:

Seems whereas the Mackie Blackjack issues have smoothed out & the frustrations have dwindled, many ppl are now claiming disgust with their Scarlett 2i2/2i4 interfaces for noise, latency, etc. I've contemplated getting one just to throw in a duffle bag should the need arise, but I'm now on the fence & about to jump off. However...

I've tried searching for a direct shootout between these two AIs, but to no avail (something with RMAA analyzer results would be icing on the cake). Whatsmore is that I've tried to download Rightmark's RMAA 6.3 for my own use, but the exe file is corrupt. Alas I can't even run the test myself :( Seeing as these two devices run neck & neck at price, features and presentation it'd only be a natural, right?

Does anyone have both units that they can test head to head under an analyzer program such as RMAA 6.3 & post the results here for all to absorb? I'd really like to know once & for all which beast is the champ (I'm currently biased towards Blackjack: Prove Me Wrong).

Additionally, if someone out there in GS land would care to forward a bug free copy of RMAA with ASIO support while Rightmark gets their hair untangled I'd be very grateful!!

Who's up to the challenge??Thanks in advance 'Slutz.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search