Marshall JMP-1 - anyone using on synths?
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Marshall JMP-1 - anyone using on synths?

know this is meant for guitar - but is it any good on synths?

wondering if the overdrive effects etc would be some kind of useful cheap alternative to having a Culture Vulture's distortion/colouring (NOWHERE near as good obviously) + be a cheapish dual preamp.

Either that or a handfull of effects pedals might be in order - or a line 6/9 rack effects unit?

any thoughts or alternatives?
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
(NOWHERE near as good obviously)
What is nowhere as good? The amp, or the CV distortion?

Why not try it through the amp, and see what you get? Might be some cool sounds thatyou come up with; my bet is you will definitely find something you like.

Cheers.
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

the distortion.

as an amp is it going to be ok on stereo synths?

interesting unit, only just added it to the list as an affordable dual pre option, and was pleased to see it had some other tricks up its sleeve.
Old 8th November 2011
Lives for gear

I'm not a real big fan of it for guitar, for any of the types of music that I typically play. There are a ton of great guitar boost/distortion pedals, and they are going to react differently when you change the input source fro,m guitar to some other instrument. So if you are getting one of these for free or near free, who knows? It may sound great on your keys. But on my guitars, this would not be my choice, and I would not pay anything for it. I did pay for the pedals that I use for boost/distortion... the Fulltone '69, Reverend Drive Train, and Radial ToneBone British.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search