Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

New Reply
Subscribe
Deleted User
22nd September 2011
Old 22nd September 2011
Deleted User

ITB & OTB comparison.

Thought it would be a good opportunity to compare a mix summed and bounced in PT9 and a mix done on a summing mixer using 6 stereo stems.

ITB has Waves SSL G-Comp on the 2-bus. OTB has SSL G-comp G384 on the 2-bus (I did my best to match settings). ITB is going to the Studer A800 plugin. OTB is going to an OTARI MTR-10 1/4in master deck.

The only EQ used on the entire track is on the electric guitars. Stock PT EQ for ITB and analogue EQ for the OTB. Converters are RME UFX, summing mixer the TL Audio Fat Track.

Because both mixes are different, it is by no means the be all and end all of comparisons and is to be taken with a grain of pepper.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you like/don't like about the mixes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LB3SHB6b
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8500IFz

Enjoy.
26th January 2012
Old 26th January 2012
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonTone View Post
Thought it would be a good opportunity to compare a mix summed and bounced in PT9 and a mix done on a summing mixer using 6 stereo stems.

ITB has Waves SSL G-Comp on the 2-bus. OTB has SSL G-comp G384 on the 2-bus (I did my best to match settings). ITB is going to the Studer A800 plugin. OTB is going to an OTARI MTR-10 1/4in master deck.

The only EQ used on the entire track is on the electric guitars. Stock PT EQ for ITB and analogue EQ for the OTB. Converters are RME UFX, summing mixer the TL Audio Fat Track.

Because both mixes are different, it is by no means the be all and end all of comparisons and is to be taken with a grain of pepper.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you like/don't like about the mixes.

NOTICE
NOTICE

Enjoy.
Well, so much for that comparison.
29th December 2012
Old 29th December 2012
Gear nut

Care to re-upload the tracks?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search