Subscribe
RAWNDIRTY
8th September 2011
Old 8th September 2011
Gear maniac

New monitors,monkey banana turbo 6 ?

Hello everybody!

Has anyone checked them out?

Those should be really good for their price..

Im interested for any further information!
PMF
1st November 2011
Old 1st November 2011
PMF
Gear maniac

yes, I'm quite interested in these too.....

anyone used or heard them yet??
1st November 2011
Old 1st November 2011
Gear Guru

I am sure that these probably are respectable speakers, but if they ever attain any level of popularity, you just know the company will rename itself "M-B Studio"

“What you ask about is music. What you like is sound. Now music and sound are akin, but they are not the same.”
— Confucius
12th February 2012
Old 12th February 2012
Gear nut

happy and proud owner of Turbo six. Fantastic monitors those are.
15th February 2012
Old 15th February 2012
Gear Head

Can you compare them to other monitors you used?
15th February 2012
Old 15th February 2012
Lives for gear

Wow.. I thought this thread was a joke - until I googled 'monkey banana turbo 6' and found some nice looking monitors.

Really? Monkey Banana?

I'm voting for that name change.. M-B Studio
"Seriously, there's a certain kind of creative inspiration that can come from exploring the outer limits of a musical instrument. Now days the limits are so vast that it can be difficult to set boundaries." --spargee
PDC
15th February 2012
Old 15th February 2012
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Looks like the same Vifa and SEAS drivers used in the Mackie HR824s to me.
15th February 2012
Old 15th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I am sure that these probably are respectable speakers, but if they ever attain any level of popularity, you just know the company will rename itself "M-B Studio"
Unlikely as they are german and there already is a german company called MB (Quart) making speakers.
10th March 2012
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Head

Just bought the Turbo 4s. Insane stereo imaging for the price. Smokes the rockits, eats the yammys for breakfast and beats the adams to a pulp.
Really crisp sounding tweeter though, might not be for everyone.
17th March 2012
Old 17th March 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwutz View Post
Just bought the Turbo 4s. Insane stereo imaging for the price. Smokes the rockits, eats the yammys for breakfast and beats the adams to a pulp.
Really crisp sounding tweeter though, might not be for everyone.
These are some bold statements..perhaps too bold.Have you ever owned a pair of Adams long term & have done some critical mixing on them?

MusicTech magazine did not exactly give them a 5 star rating,as they said their stereo imaging is not quite as good as the Focals.

According to the currency conversion from Euro to U.S. dollars,these monitors are not all that cheap,but cheaper than the Adams & if the Turbos do in fact,perform at least as well as the Adams,then they would be a good deal.

These monitors have only been around since November of 2011 & they are very scarce on the internet...so I'd be very cautious about buying a pair for myself,at this point in time.

There are no U.S. retailers that carry them as of yet apparently,but they do have an office in California....I'll keep my eyes peeled for these speakers & see what develops...

-Cab Calloway
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Gear maniac

Looks like Dave Pensado has a pair of monkey banana turbo (what a name...) at his place. You can see them on top of his NS-10 in the ITL of Pensado's Place: #61. But still not much to find about them on the Inet.

Anybody ?
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

PDC
1st April 2012
Old 1st April 2012
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post
Looks like Dave Pensado has a pair of monkey banana turbo (what a name...) at his place. You can see them on top of his NS-10 in the ITL of Pensado's Place: #61. But still not much to find about them on the Inet.

Anybody ?
I am surprised that Dave gets any work. He sure doesn't have a slutty set-up. There is no vintage console, no tweaky monitors, heck...nothing special about his room. He just sits all hunched over in front of ProTools, mixing' with a mouse. Surely his mixes must suck.

If you can't read the satire in that, well...you have issues
2nd April 2012
Old 2nd April 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
I am surprised that Dave gets any work. He sure doesn't have a slutty set-up. There is no vintage console, no tweaky monitors, heck...nothing special about his room. He just sits all hunched over in front of ProTools, mixing' with a mouse. Surely his mixes must suck.

100% agreed. It´s more than certain, that he just chose the Bananas for their name and looks. Both seem to appeal to noobs like him. Maybe therefore the lack of disclosed real world experiences ...
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
Gear Head

I attended a long mixing session where the engineer used the a77x shortly before my purchase. The high end detail on the MBs is similar. They are no Ribbons, so of course the high end has a less dry and less directional quality, but the frequency range is similarily extended (and "hyped"). Matter of taste. The smallest Focals seemed all around better, but they are twice as expensive. Since I was looking for very small monitors and really got sick of my hs80s in my tiny room, the Turbo4s were the best choice in their price range (vs 6010s, VXT4s, HS50s, A3Xs, MSP3s). Out of these 5, they had the cleanest low end, clearest mid range and most extended high end. They translate well and when I listen to the mixes I make on them on my old HS80s they sound much better than what I used to mix on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 View Post
These are some bold statements..perhaps too bold.Have you ever owned a pair of Adams long term & have done some critical mixing on them?

MusicTech magazine did not exactly give them a 5 star rating,as they said their stereo imaging is not quite as good as the Focals.

According to the currency conversion from Euro to U.S. dollars,these monitors are not all that cheap,but cheaper than the Adams & if the Turbos do in fact,perform at least as well as the Adams,then they would be a good deal.

These monitors have only been around since November of 2011 & they are very scarce on the internet...so I'd be very cautious about buying a pair for myself,at this point in time.

There are no U.S. retailers that carry them as of yet apparently,but they do have an office in California....I'll keep my eyes peeled for these speakers & see what develops...
17th April 2012
Old 17th April 2012
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan View Post

Anybody ?
Indeed, he has. I recently checked out the turbo 8 at a dealer here in germany, and listened against some other speakers in that price-range especially comparing them to the Adam A7x. And I must say I was very impressed by the turbo's. Great imaging and crisp top end, pretty focused mid range. What I liked the most about them was the very open but focused Low End! This especially sounded better to me then the Low End on the a7 x, that sounded a little forced or pushy (excuse my english, don't know how to describe it better) compared to the turbos! So overall I prefered them over the a 7x. Will take a pair to my room, soon and do some more listening and comparing, but I think I know already that I might have to own theese
18th April 2012
Old 18th April 2012
Gear maniac

Thanks for the info, guys

Guess I´m gonna add them to my list of speakers to check, as I´m in the market for a 2nd pair soon.
6th February 2013
Old 6th February 2013
Gear interested

So here is my crazy idea for a cheap and super portable way to work in 24/96 ProTools sessions:

MacBook Pro-> FiiO E10 coaxial output -> Monkey Banana Turbo 4 digital inputs.

Does this sound like it would work?

Hmmmmmm
3 Weeks Ago
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Gear interested

Eve audio sc205 vs Monkey Banana turbo 5?

Which monitor is better eve audio sc205 or monkey banana turbo 5? I have to pick one of these for my home studio
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search