Login / Register

Has Behringer disappeared from your city?
New Reply
Subscribe
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Has Behringer disappeared from your city?

Hello

This is not meant as a Behringer-bashing thread, but Behringer doesn't seem to be anywhere in Montréal anymore. To me, this is worrysome due to the fact that less competition means possibly higher prices from other companies catering to a similar clientele. Has anyone else noticed this?
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugin View Post
Hello

This is not meant as a Behringer-bashing thread, but Behringer doesn't seem to be anywhere in Montréal anymore. To me, this is worrysome due to the fact that less competition means possibly higher prices from other companies catering to a similar clientele. Has anyone else noticed this?

since you said no b-bashing i wont, however i just want to note the irony in suggesting that behringer forces the competition to keep prices honest... Maybe irony is not the word im looking for though.

That said, they are still around my town (in florida though, far from montreal)
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear maniac

They still seem to be around in the Greater Toronto Area.

Sincerely;
Fellow Canadian Gear Slut.
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Hello guys, hello fellow Portishead

Nothing wrong with Behringer. They are worth their asking price - no more, no less. For someone starting out, or doing music as a hobby, why not? It's good to have inexpensive gear in our world. Imagine if there were only Mercedes and Porches around? Personally, I only have a Behringer mixer and headphones for my TV setup - which is great for that application - especially late at night. Ok. If Behringer is still in Florida and Toronto it means they are still alive. I'm just curious why they are invisible in Montreal - and I mean EVERYWHERE in Montreal...
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Maybe Montréal banned Behringer from being sold in your beautiful city, something about a junk law, ground water polution from all those Behringer's in the landfill...
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsi View Post
Maybe Montréal banned Behringer from being sold in your beautiful city, something about a junk law, ground water polution from all those Behringer's in the landfill...

Hahahaha! Good one, but no bashing!
Maybe during the recent floods, they found something in the water

Thanks for spelling it ''Montréal''!
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011

Your right, i didnt follow the rules, I used to like Behringer and own some of their ju, i mean gear...but gata watch the polution in those landfills, all those toxins and green goop...On a serious note, is there anything your looking for in the Behringer line?...some US music houses sell to candian customers?
Quote:

Hahahaha! Good one, but no bashing!
Maybe during the recent floods, they found something in the water

Thanks for spelling it ''Montréal''!
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Jimsi,

No, I'm not looking for any Behringer products. I was just worried from an economic point of view. When a company goes, that's one less competitor. When there's less competion, the prices go up - even if it's not for the same market. If Behringer didn't exist, my ISA One would probably have costed more, among other products...
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011

Plugin, I have this feeling you want to crash and burn Behringer, but you cornered yourself by saying 'no bashing' with that in mind, I too love my ISA One and never want to see anyone reverse engineer it with the brand name that starts with a 'B' have a great night and I will get back to my new Behringer U666 mic...better than Neumann...
Quote:
Jimsi,

No, I'm not looking for any Behringer products. I was just worried from an economic point of view. When a company goes, that's one less competitor. When there's less competion, the prices go up - even if it's not for the same market. If Behringer didn't exist, my ISA One would probably have costed more, among other products...
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Actually, no, I don't have anything against Behringer! I just outgrew it. I think it's great for people with a limited budget. They can change their equipment as they evolve and as they make more money.
Have a good night Jimsi!
restpause
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
restpause

I don't buy hardware anymore except for MIDI controllers, but I was able to sell a Behringer FB-D parametric EQ at a Guitar Center here in USA in the midwest. So maybe there is still interest in their gear. I know one piece of gear bought isn't an indication of an entire market however.
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear Head

What you hear on this thread is the same garbage you hear in high end audio that only $1k Cd players are worth listening to and that the defacto "true" sound, "accurate" sound can only come from $1k mics and mic pres. Yet what I find most interesting is how much "mastering" must be done to make music recorded this way sound "right". Check out the Fhure Pod cast on Mastering off Mixonline.

This market is full of snobbery just like cars, wine, clothes, where you live, where you go to school. Just make music the way you want with what you want don't worry. If you make it all of the sound recorded with all that expensive gear and mastered by the best will be reduced to mp3 for ITunes anyway. That's all the masses want anyway...portable, dowloadable, and 99 cents. Seems like kind of a waste to use a $10K Sony mic on Alison Krauss doesn't it? Only in America do we use more to produce less.
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tavegia View Post
What you hear on this thread is the same garbage you hear in high end audio that only $1k Cd players are worth listening to ...
Are you sure you're not focusing on a smaller fraction of what's being discussed in this thread?

I mean most of the negative comments are actually delivered in joke form, and a great deal of the talk has been pretty much on topic...
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Actually, I just spoke to a salesperson and he told me that Behringer had just changed distributors in Canada and are currently having delays (that's what he said). I find this odd though as Portishead mentioned that they're available in Toronto. There is not one item here. Not even a logo anywhere. Not even a sticker attesting to its existence...
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

There is still some out here on Vancouver Island, but they are definitely not as prevalent in the bigger music stores.

PS. Your religion is being practiced in full force out here. Go Canucks Go!
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011

Like: My cardboard house is better than your cardboard house? I own Behringer gear, a Headphone amp and a small starved plate tube Preamp since 2005, I still use the H-amp ..Behringer is great starter gear and i have some decent recordings with it being used...but snobbery is on all ends of gear...it's funny thinking about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tavegia View Post
What you hear on this thread is the same garbage you hear in high end audio that only $1k Cd players are worth listening to and that the defacto "true" sound, "accurate" sound can only come from $1k mics and mic pres. Yet what I find most interesting is how much "mastering" must be done to make music recorded this way sound "right". Check out the Fhure Pod cast on Mastering off Mixonline.

This market is full of snobbery just like cars, wine, clothes, where you live, where you go to school. Just make music the way you want with what you want don't worry. If you make it all of the sound recorded with all that expensive gear and mastered by the best will be reduced to mp3 for ITunes anyway. That's all the masses want anyway...portable, dowloadable, and 99 cents. Seems like kind of a waste to use a $10K Sony mic on Alison Krauss doesn't it? Only in America do we use more to produce less.
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfspank View Post
There is still some out here on Vancouver Island, but they are definitely not as prevalent in the bigger music stores.

PS. Your religion is being practiced in full force out here. Go Canucks Go!
Hmmm. Strange...

P.S. I agree! Go Canucks Go! And I love the civility of the Vancouverites. Had the finals been in Montréal...
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Hmmm. Strange...

P.S. I agree! Go Canucks Go! And I love the civility of the Vancouverites. Had the finals been in Montréal...
Yeah, a little shop I go to still carries them. It could be just remaining stock as it's not a super busy place and doesn't have a website or ship things out.
I have a V Verb that I'm pleased with.

PS. I doubt Chara would survive a Final against the Habs. Religion is kind of an understatement for how the Québecois feel about our game. I think you give us West Coasters too much credit. We riot with the best of them when things don't go our way.
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Lives for gear

Anyone who has outgrown their v-verbs, I'm sure I (and others) will happily take them.
"Seriously, there's a certain kind of creative inspiration that can come from exploring the outer limits of a musical instrument. Now days the limits are so vast that it can be difficult to set boundaries." --spargee
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, I just spoke to a salesperson and he told me that Behringer had just changed distributors in Canada and are currently having delays (that's what he said). I find this odd though as Portishead mentioned that they're available in Toronto. There is not one item here. Not even a logo anywhere. Not even a sticker attesting to its existence...
Yeah same here in the UK. I think everything comes direct from China so it's a global thing. From what i've been told they're slowly getting distribution going.
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear Head

I have only touched the BCR and BCF and they are both pretty good pieces of kit for the money.

Also seen a video about the factory of behringer. It's sort of a small city and people seem pretty content working there. Can't see what's wrong with it. Like mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
Plugin
8th June 2011
Old 8th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk View Post
I have only touched the BCR and BCF and they are both pretty good pieces of kit for the money.

Also seen a video about the factory of behringer. It's sort of a small city and people seem pretty content working there. Can't see what's wrong with it. Like mentioned before, you get what you pay for.
Durk,

I was eyeing the BCR and BCF for a while but was never sure if I really needed one, or both. Are they indispensable for you?
9th June 2011
Old 9th June 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Anyone who has outgrown their v-verbs, I'm sure I (and others) will happily take them.
+1
11th June 2011
Old 11th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Shhhhhh!!! You're breaking the code.
Plugin
11th June 2011
Old 11th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfspank View Post
Shhhhhh!!! You're breaking the code.

Canucks =
11th June 2011
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Send a message via Skype™ to ivmike
I have found Behringer gear at Archambault (Berri-UQAM) and at Italmelodie (Jean-Talon) with little issue. Sometimes, there's plenty of stuff (like headphone amps, microphones and patchbays) and sometimes there's not much at all. I have found this to be true of Yorkville products (especially in Archambault) where some days they'll have four MPA II units and then a week later; nothing.

What Behringer units are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phill brown View Post
Keep it simple - get good sounds at source - do not rely on all the technology. Go with your instincts/gut feeling. Don't mic too close.
11th June 2011
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello guys, hello fellow Portishead

Nothing wrong with Behringer. They are worth their asking price - no more, no less.
Maybe a little less....
11th June 2011
Old 11th June 2011
Gear addict

Quote:

Canucks =
Yeah, that was me jumping around the living room last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrimsdream View Post
Maybe a little less....
Some people just can't resist can they?
12th June 2011
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

"Has Behringer disappeared from your city?"

I'm trying to get it to disappear from my city really hard..Look in the Classifieds.....( not because it bad, because I need it gone...)
12th June 2011
Old 12th June 2011
Gear nut

Hmm....come to think of it, when i've been at the local Long and McQuade here the last few times, I don't recall seeing any Behringer stuff. Mind you, there could have been some things, but if they were, it wasn't as evident as it was in past years.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search