Help name my Microphone!
Old 9th April 2011
  #61
Gear addict
 
Caramel's Avatar
Sarah Palins
Old 9th April 2011
  #62
Lives for gear
 
Big_Bang's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Sarah Palins
HAHAHAHAH !!!!
Old 9th April 2011
  #63
Lives for gear
 

Any updates on these? Are they available now? Anyone received one yet? I'm in for one at that price.
Old 9th April 2011
  #64
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Haha the name has officially been changed to Sarah Pallins.

If people are interested you can order them from: 12gaugemicrophones.weebly.com

For more info read the rest of the thread, theres an audio sample in the first post!!

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 9th April 2011
  #65
Gear Head
 

Can I repeat the question of another earlier? Any idea about shipping to the UK? Am a shooter myself and would love a couple of these!
Old 9th April 2011
  #66
Gear Head
 
Nightshiftbeatz's Avatar
 

What about... FULL MINANT
Old 9th April 2011
  #67
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Worldwide Shipping!
Old 9th April 2011
  #68
Gear maniac
 
Kim Bjäle's Avatar
 

Thumbs up RED 12

See that you went with the Red 12. I will buy these babies asap.
Old 10th April 2011
  #69
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley802 View Post
Worldwide Shipping!
Do you think there will be any problems at customs or will clearly marking them do the trick?
Old 10th April 2011
  #70
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
haha I asked the post office, they said as long as they've been cleaned of residue (obviously) and they're described correctly they should be fine. I haven't had any armed officials show up at my door yet...
Old 10th April 2011
  #71
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley802 View Post
haha I asked the post office, they said as long as they've been cleaned of residue (obviously) and they're described correctly they should be fine. I haven't had any armed officials show up at my door yet...
Haha brilliant. I wont send you some of my old cartridges to use then!
Old 10th April 2011
  #72
Would it be possible to make dynamic mics in those shells? First that came to mind when i saw them (before i read omni cardioid) was TOMS! If so i'd get 5 from you straight away aswell as that grenade mic
Old 10th April 2011
  #73
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
I'm already working on 2 more models (2 different colors) 1 cardioid condenser and 1 dynamic.

The grenade was joke.

Probably.
Old 10th April 2011
  #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley802 View Post
I'm already working on 2 more models (2 different colors) 1 cardioid condenser and 1 dynamic.

The grenade was joke.

Probably.
Perfect, will be very interested in those aswell! And i will still hold you to that grenade
Old 10th April 2011
  #75
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
So I thought I would try and post a real-world application of these little mics. This is a small sample of an early mix of the session I had last weekend where I got a chance to use my mics as many places as I could.

Drum OH: Stereo pair of RED12s
Kick:At4050
Snare:sm57

Acoustic and vocals tracked together:
Acoustic Guitar:Stereo pair of RED12s
Vocals: At4050 in fig8, nulls pointing at guitar

(The musician wanted a roomier sounding cd, so I pulled the RED12's about 12 inches away from his guitar, where as in my first sample they were about 4 inches.)

Bass: DI

Lead Electric Guitar: sm57 on the cone with a RED12 about 10 feet away.

Pre: Digimax lt via ADAT into my stock 002 into pt 7.4 le
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Can it be 4.mp3 (1.88 MB, 281 views)
Old 10th April 2011
  #76
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley802 View Post
So I thought I would try and post a real-world application of these little mics. This is a small sample of an early mix of the session I had last weekend where I got a chance to use my mics as many places as I could.

Drum OH: Stereo pair of RED12s
Kick:At4050
Snare:sm57

Acoustic and vocals tracked together:
Acoustic Guitar:Stereo pair of RED12s
Vocals: At4050 in fig8, nulls pointing at guitar

(The musician wanted a roomier sounding cd, so I pulled the RED12's about 12 inches away from his guitar, where as in my first sample they were about 4 inches.)

Bass: DI

Lead Electric Guitar: sm57 on the cone with a RED12 about 10 feet away.

Pre: Digimax lt via ADAT into my stock 002 into pt 7.4 le
Congrats..!.. Sounds very good..I thought about your mic when I was watching " Shark Tank"..Maybe you should pitch it....Good luck man...
Old 13th April 2011
  #77
Gear maniac
 
EV676's Avatar
Mine arrived on Monday. I plan to use them on guitar amps for a band that's on our morning TV show tomorrow.

I agree, in brief testing these sound surprisingly good!
Old 13th April 2011
  #78
Lives for gear
 
tampa's Avatar
 

Lead (led) hole

Powder Kegs

Last edited by tampa; 14th April 2011 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 14th April 2011
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Received mine today. First impressions from just messing around with it for a bit are good. I'm surprised at how good it sounds. It is also very well made for being in a shotgun shell! I love it. When I get some time I'll do some samples and a better review on it. thumbsupthumbsup
Old 14th April 2011
  #80
Lives for gear
 
JoeyM's Avatar
 

Hair Trigger

It's got kick!

Chamber music
Old 14th April 2011
  #81
Lives for gear
 
bexarametric's Avatar
 

This is the Gearslutz equivalent of making guitar amps out of cigarette boxes
Old 14th April 2011
  #82
Lives for gear
 
JoeyM's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
This is the Gearslutz equivalent of making guitar amps out of cigarette boxes
Marshall-boro?
Old 14th April 2011
  #83
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
This is the Gearslutz equivalent of making guitar amps out of cigarette boxes

Old 14th April 2011
  #84
Gear addict
 
rolo95's Avatar
 

What About

Nirvanator ( Nirvana Terminator)

Cobends (cobain ends)

LSR ( Last Sight Red ) the last that kurt saw

Old 17th April 2011
  #85
Lives for gear
 
bexarametric's Avatar
 

I bought two of them. I can't wait to check them out. Even if they don't get a ton of use, I can use it as an omni talkback mic. Great conversation starter.
Old 17th April 2011
  #86
Lives for gear
 

Skeet Audio
Model red12


Via Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 17th April 2011
  #87
Gear Head
 
Bradley802's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Hey guys! I can't wait for everyone's reviews!

If you haven't read it already please check out Producer/Engineer Joel Hamilton's "Good Recording Stuff" Blog featuring a little snippet about my RED12's as well as a bunch of other really cool gear.

Parts for my Cardioid Condenser shell are on their way!
Old 18th April 2011
  #88
Lives for gear
 
KFMG's Avatar
 

I'll throw one or two in the hat.
"Firecrackers" or "12g ThunderCrackers"

Do you you plan on having the bodies fabricated? I'm interested in picking up a pair.
Old 18th April 2011
  #89
Got my pair today, cant wait to try them out!
Old 19th April 2011
  #90
Gear nut
 
sineborg's Avatar
 

They sound great. Think I'll get a pair, just wondering if I'm going to have problems with the custom :P
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Ron Vogel / Geekslutz forum
11
thetalkinghead / Electronic Music Instruments & Electronic Music Production
61
jumbo / So much gear, so little time!
39
Dave King / Low End Theory
0

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.