Active Studio Monitors Help?
shauns303
26th March 2011
Old 26th March 2011
Gear interested

Smile Active Studio Monitors Help?

Hi all, Iv been searching the net for some time now. Researching active monitors. I have recently moved to Italy and am restricted to access to the appropriate stores that would stock the range I am after.

While I was in Melbourne I was able to try the TANNOY REVEAL 601A, and the YAMAHA HS80M. And was impressed with them both. Now I know simular topics have been posted in the past but I stress that they never seem to get appropriate and complete answers. So I will ask again. Sorry...

The actives I am interested in are the, TANNOY REVEAL 601A, YAMAHA HS80M, MACKIE MR5 MK2 and ADAM A5X. I know I can get them all for under 500 Pounds. The Mackies and the Adams being the dearer of the two. And from what I can tell on reviews and forums. They are probably the pick out of the bunch.

I am sort of new to all this and these will be my first actives. My main question is, the adams and mackies are both only 5 inch but seem to be the favorites. Why is this? I am also needing these speakers to be a general good speaker for films and music. Not just as monitors. Like I said Im new to this so forgive any silly questions.

Do you need to know what sort of gear I am using or the shape of room I will be in?

Could any one please offer good personal experiences with any of these. A quick overview of all four or just any advise. I am trying to track them all down so I can test them all personally but In the mean time I thought I would come here. I always get good and helpful tips here every time Im looking at a new purchase.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any info...
26th March 2011
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauns303 View Post
...Now I know simular topics have been posted in the past but I stress that they never seem to get appropriate and complete answers. So I will ask again. Sorry...
Why do you think that they don't get appropriate answers?

What makes you think that this thread will be any different?

If you didn't get any good information from the other threads you may need to re-read them. They certainly helped me in my recent monitor upgrade.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search