KRK RP5G2
5 Votes - 20.00%
KRK RP6G2
16 Votes - 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17th February 2011
Gear interested

Question KRK Rp5 G2 vs KRK RP6 vs Alesis m1 mkII active

Hi im looking for a good pair of monitors to put it with my digidesign 003 which is better? im gonna do more like voices, soft acoustic rock, reggaeton.

thanks in advance.
Old 17th February 2011
Gear Head

I think the rp6 are the best value/money. you shouldn t go for the rp5 at least without a sub. as for the others I have no opinion..
Old 17th February 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

I have the Rockit 8's

I like them...esp since it was only $250 for a pair with a pair of metal stands.

The Rockit 5s are going to be like Hi-fi desktop speakers. Thats pretty much all I can say about them. They are very bright in my opinion and skew your mix a whole bunch because there is almost zero bass.

-Evan
Old 18th February 2011
Gear maniac

never heard the alesis.

but the rokit is a terrible choice.
Old 18th February 2011
Gear interested

which is a good choice bro can u recommend me
Old 18th February 2011
Gear maniac

Yamaha, Focal, Adam, Dynadio, kinda like genelecs not crazy for them.

yamaha of your poor like me
Old 18th February 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARStudios View Post
I have the Rockit 8's

I like them...esp since it was only $250 for a pair with a pair of metal stands.

The Rockit 5s are going to be like Hi-fi desktop speakers. Thats pretty much all I can say about them. They are very bright in my opinion and skew your mix a whole bunch because there is almost zero bass.

-Evan
250 a pair? Where from?
Old 18th February 2011
Gear Head

I have KRK Rp5 G2. They sound good in my small room. I like the way they sound and my final mix always sounds good when I play it on any other system. Yeah for KRK Rp5 G2. But that's just my 2 cents.
Old 18th February 2011
Gear interested

Well from the above I must Say the KRK RP6G2 is the best choice! I can't say that the 5 version is a hi-fi version, not at all since both have good flat response to whatever you're playing! Maybe a Sub even for the 6 version should be put on the table, but that is if you feel a lack on the low-end Freq.
Old 20th February 2011
Gear nut

Sorry I didn't vote because I only have the Alesis monitors. I've had them for about 7 or 8 years and can say that they are not terrible. When I got them they were pretty highly regarded monitors for the price. The manual has ideas for placement and pluggin ports if the bass responce is too much/not enough. I don't do any of this professionally but they work well for me has a hobbiest. YMMV.
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear
Ad get some Samson R's , read this post: Monitors on a budget

You may want to have a little read on the thread to.
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomox View Post
Ad get some Samson R's , read this post: Monitors on a budget

You may want to have a little read on the thread to.
+1 on the Samsons

Also I had some Fostex PM1s a few years back which were quite decent.

I'm currently using Alesis M1 Mk2s and think they're good as a second monitor or main monitor for a small/temporary space (in my case)
Old 20th February 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANTARAVE View Post
never heard the alesis.

but the rokit is a terrible choice.
why would you say they are a terrible choice? i dislike people like you who hate on certain low end gear. there not terrible at all and there are plenty of successful artists who got by on the krk rp6's. remember, if you have some decent monitors and you learn them they are more than enough. sure there not the best but there solid as hell....

plus for me they are great. im a college student and i dj here and there with a vci-100 and make some dubstep and house with reason 5. so the krks are perfect for me because they sound great, get loud, and still translate quite well, especially once you learn them.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search