Mackie MR5, KRK RP5, Yamaha HS50 or Alesis M1 MkII
Old 27th January 2011
Gear interested

Mackie MR5, KRK RP5, Yamaha HS50 or Alesis M1 MkII

Hi I need to get my first pair of monitors and a new interface to match
I been researching monitors and audio interfaces and I've narrowed it to the Fostex PM1 Mk2( I get a great deal), KRK Rp5s, the Mackie MR5s and HS50s. Interfaces: Lexicon Alpha or Lambda or EMU 0202. I have an untreated room and I cant treat as I'm moving apartment and after that I'll probably be moving again. Most of my mix will be done on headphones (Audio Technica ATH-M50) I mostly do electronic music like hip hop and dubstep, mostly used midi and samples so no live instrument recording or vocals for now. I'd like to be able to hear the bass even if its a little excited(mixing on phones and then testing on other systems) but I'd like most of the frequencies to be true to do a rough mix. So they're my questions hope you can help I got about 400 euro to spend in total

Last edited by TheTripJunkie; 28th January 2011 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Imeant Fostex PM1 MkII not Alesis M1 MkII
Old 27th January 2011
Gear addict

i have krk rp5 g2's and they are really nice for the price. a buddy of mine has the mackies and those are nice too. for me it's a toss up between the mackies and the krk's. from the couple of times i had a chance to use the the HS50's i personally did not like them.
Old 29th January 2011
Lives for gear

Why don't you try out the Yamaha HS80's. For your style music it has a decent amount of bass. You can always add a sub later.
Old 31st January 2011
Gear interested

Thanks for all yer ideas I was thinking KRK RP5 G2 as well but reviews are 50/50 I think I prob would get HS80s but I only 400e and thats includin an interface
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search