focusrite saffire pro 24 vs echo audio fire 4 vs presonas firestudio mobile
New Reply
Subscribe
theikon
26th October 2010
Old 26th October 2010
Gear interested

focusrite saffire pro 24 vs echo audio fire 4 vs presonas firestudio mobile

hello everyone i am debating which audio interface is the best out of these 3 and i would really love some help. this will be my first ever audio interface so i am a noob to this stuff so excuse me. i need to plug a axiom 49 into it and i also need to use a condenser mic for vocals. i am running the latest imac 21.5 with the i3 processor and 4 gb ram, i am also running paralles with windows 7 so it has to run smoothley on both systems. can some one please advise me on which one would suit my needs best, i have done alot of reading but that has just made the decision harder lol. i am swing towards the presonas because from what i can gather it has the best preamps and conversion but i am not sure if this is right please help
26th October 2010
Old 26th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
can some one please advise me on which one would suit my needs best
Only you can know your needs, but in my opinion, the Focusrite is the better interface out of those 3.

Your needs are your needs. my needs are different form your needs and everyone's needs are different. All 3 will record vocals and all 3 can give you professional quality. I like the Focusrite the best
Cj

Mixing And Mastering Studio -Professional Mixing & Mastering Studio Providing Online And Attended Sessions.
Mixed And Mastered Best Album Of The Year By En-Sound
theikon
26th October 2010
Old 26th October 2010
Gear interested

thank you, but why do you like the sapphire the best out of the 3 ie: does it have better preamps etc
26th October 2010
Old 26th October 2010
Lives for gear

I think that if you decide to buy Saffire you should go for pro 14 instead of 24, you don't seem to need 16 ins and 8 outs. Actually every one of your cadidates have more I/O you need. Axiom works splendid via usb btw.
theikon
27th October 2010
Old 27th October 2010
Gear interested

thanks, when you say the axiom works great by usb are you saying i dont have to put it though my interface just straight into the computer? and does the 14 have the quality preamps etc as the 24?
27th October 2010
Old 27th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theikon View Post
thanks, when you say the axiom works great by usb are you saying i dont have to put it though my interface just straight into the computer? and does the 14 have the quality preamps etc as the 24?
Yes that's what I mean. I assume the pre's are the same (both are "award winning" )
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search