Any feedback on Audioproz?
changeng
11th October 2010
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

Any feedback on Audioproz?

I'm thinking of getting some stuff worked on by Vince at Audioproz in MA. Has anyone here had any direct dealings with him?
17th April 2011
Old 17th April 2011
Gear interested

I'd be interested in this as well.

Recently I've been trying to get a take on Vince Naeve & AudioProz via email with him. But he asked for a consulting fee ($22 per 1/2 hour) to find out which of my pieces he'd worked on before, would be willing to work on, &/or thought would be worth the effort. I didn't mind that, but I was kind of insulted when, after I declined his paid consultation, he insinuated that I probably couldn't afford his work/services anyway.

I'd read on other posts that he's a wealth of info, but given to lengthy lectures (that I just didn't want to have to pay for). But I'm willing to tolerate some of this behavior if he delivers quality work, genuinely improves the fidelity of my gear, & is priced reasonably (which, by most indications/reviews, he does).

I know that email is a tricky thing to communicate well through & it's often easy to get off on the wrong foot. But right now I'm seeing some "red flags". So, what's everyone's take on this establishment? Also, can anyone recommmend any other good, reliable places to get mods done to outboard gear (since I'd like to have as many options as possible)?

Last edited by Lee Milhous; 19th April 2011 at 03:45 AM..
changeng
18th April 2011
Old 18th April 2011
Lives for gear

Actually, right after I started this thread I sent my ART Pro Channel to Vince, after a lengthy phone conversation. I don't know what happened between you and Vince, but all I can say is he treated me with great kindness - in fact, my unit had some blown out opamps I wasn't aware of and he stayed after work for an extra 30 minutes to fix it - I would have gladly paid him for his time, but he did it gratis.

Vince seems like one of those guys that if he senses the customer appreciates his abilities and can be flexible when necessary (my unit took an extra month to get to - he had someone quit which threw him way off schedule.

I got the Pro Channel back with major improvements - I started a separate thread about it if you wanna search for it.

I do know that Vince doesn't like lengthy emails - it sounds like he's always crammed with business and may go through techs - I don't know. But go with your gut - I'm glad I sent my unit to Vince (I'm in Los Angeles, so that was 3,000 miles). However, if you feel red flags, then don't tempt fate. I wouldn't hesitate to work with Vince again and will probably buy stuff from him soon.
18th April 2011
Old 18th April 2011
Gear interested

Thanks for the quick reply, changeng. Maybe I'll just try calling him sometime (that is, if he'll take my call) to clear this all up (what I do at work to tame wild email threads; works like a charm). Maybe my email was too long for him (I'll admit, at times my correspondence can get a bit lengthy; just trying to be thorough). Again, thanks.
changeng
18th April 2011
Old 18th April 2011
Lives for gear

My pleasure - one piece of unasked-for advice - it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder about Vince so far. I would suggest not trying to "clear things up" with a phone call - just call and ask what he can do wth whatever piece of gear you want modified. Every time I've called him, he's been kerrrazee busy and I think Vince just doesn't have an "inner editor" to his thought process and goes on and on - tho it's always very, very educational. Just don't be offended with what he says - he really wants to educate, whether you want to be educated on the subject or not. He's worth the extra measure of patience.
19th April 2011
Old 19th April 2011
Gear interested

Thanks for the tips, changeng. I've cooled down a bit since my first post. I'll admit, it was a bit knee-jerk & reactive. I guess I'm just spoiled by very customer-oriented establishments where they're usually bending over backwards to get your business, especially in this economy. But from what you tell me, he's worth being patient & tolerant with, so, I'll maybe send him a unit to mod & see where it goes from there. I'll let you know how that goes (if'n you're interested). Again, thanks for everything.
changeng
19th April 2011
Old 19th April 2011
Lives for gear

definitely keep us informed! what are you going to send him?
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search