Zoom R-16 and Audacity
Old 4th September 2010
Gear interested

Zoom R-16 and Audacity

Hey folks, I just got a Zoom R16, have installed the drivers, and am attempting to use Audacity to record from it as an interface. However, whenever I hit record I get the "Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate." message.

Is anybody else using the Zoom R16 as a multi-channel interface? Here's what I've done so far to try and get this going. What am I missing here?

In Edit > Preferences > Audio I/O I have ZOOM R16_24 selected as my Recording device. I have tried 1 and 2 channels to no avail.
Under the Quality tab there, I have tried all three Default Sample Format options available to me (16, 24, 32bit), no dice. I have left the Default Sample Rate at 44100 Hz because the R16 says on the LED screen: "Sample Rate=44.1kHz"

Thanks a lot.
Old 4th September 2010
Gear addict

Old 4th September 2010
Gear interested

Thanks for the quick reply vierge. I don't believe the R16 has the ability to change its bit depth, the manual just instructs you to set it to 24bit in the software. I assume Audacity's "Sample Format" with the options of 16, 24, and 32-bit are bit depth, and I have tried all three settings.
Old 6th September 2010
Gear interested

anyone else have any ideas?
Old 6th September 2010
Lives for gear

Forget Audacity... It's really buggy and since they updated it... I can't even open it....

Joy of joys...

There are a few other free DAW options out there.

Look them up.
Old 6th September 2010
Paj
Gear Head

The R-16 works just fine with Reaper or (the supplied) CuBase4LE.

Paj
8^)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search