I want your opinion about Behringer's T1 & T47 mics please
sonicapg
26th July 2010
Old 26th July 2010
Gear interested

Question I want your opinion about Behringer's T1 & T47 mics please

Hello

I would like to know if anyone here is using Behringer's T1 or T47 tube microphones.I tried to find a review on the web a number of times,but couldn't.

To save people's time here ,the price asked is considered to be low for me ,and the next "better" [????] option is a studio projects C1 ,that I had the chance to try and I have an idea of how it sounds.However budget is Very limited here.

So,if anyone actually uses those I'd like to know what he [or she] thinks.
If you going to tell me "hey its Behringer dont even bother" Without having any experience with those , please ,Dont.
27th July 2010
Old 27th July 2010
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicapg View Post
Hello

I would like to know if anyone here is using Behringer's T1 or T47 tube microphones.I tried to find a review on the web a number of times,but couldn't.

To save people's time here ,the price asked is considered to be low for me ,and the next "better" [????] option is a studio projects C1 ,that I had the chance to try and I have an idea of how it sounds.However budget is Very limited here.

So,if anyone actually uses those I'd like to know what he [or she] thinks.
If you going to tell me "hey its Behringer dont even bother" Without having any experience with those , please ,Dont.
IMHO you'd be much better off spending the same amount of money on an AT2035, the king of low-budget condensers. But your mileage may vary and it ultimately comes down to personal taste. I prefer transparent mics over the more "colored" ones. My advice is: listen before you buy.

P.S. I have no anti-Behringer bias. I love my BCF's and UMX610 controller.
27th July 2010
Old 27th July 2010
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

My review of the T47 is here - part of a big thread on the Behringer tube mics.

In short - if you want a low cost tube mic save your money and get an Apex 460 - a real tube mic for $189 (The T47 is a faux tube mic with FET, bipolar transistors and get this - 9mm electret condenser capsule like you'd find in an answering machine}. If you don't need a tube mic a used Oktava MK-319 for $100 or new MXL 2003A for $149 are probably the two best low cost, cardioid-only mics. The v67g for $99 is a bit of a step down from the 2003A in its stock form with its higher noise floor, somewhat edgy top end and less than ideal headbasket.
sonicapg
4th August 2010
Old 4th August 2010
Gear interested

I Did listened to the Behringer T1, using a Tascam US122 sound interface and recorded a classical guitar, using AKG's K44 headphones [sound interface and phones not really my choice ,but thats life I guess :P ).
The mic appeared to be noisy ,the dealer told me that was due to improper grounding .Overall I can't say I was impressed, with its sound or detail ,tutt so I rejected the T1.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search