Old 16th July 2010
Gear Head

Studio One Issue

So I recently got my hands on a copy of Studio One Artist, and I've been checking it out, and so far I like it alot. The UI is great, the plug-ins are awesome, and overall I'm just enjoying the workflow. I've been running Pro Tools for a couplea years now, but i'm seriously considering switching.. but today I'm having an issue :/. I imported four .wav tracks that I recorded in pro tools a few weeks ago, because I wanted to mess around with mixing in S1. But when I play the tracks, I hear audio almost a full beat before the cursor gets to the waveform. Has anyone else ran into this problem, and does anyone know a way I could fix this? I've really enjoyed S1 thus far, but I need what I hear and what I see to match up if I want to keep on using this software... Please help.

Thanks,
-HBP
Old 16th July 2010
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblebassplayer View Post
So I recently got my hands on a copy of Studio One Artist, and I've been checking it out, and so far I like it alot. The UI is great, the plug-ins are awesome, and overall I'm just enjoying the workflow. I've been running Pro Tools for a couplea years now, but i'm seriously considering switching.. but today I'm having an issue :/. I imported four .wav tracks that I recorded in pro tools a few weeks ago, because I wanted to mess around with mixing in S1. But when I play the tracks, I hear audio almost a full beat before the cursor gets to the waveform. Has anyone else ran into this problem, and does anyone know a way I could fix this? I've really enjoyed S1 thus far, but I need what I hear and what I see to match up if I want to keep on using this software... Please help.

Thanks,
-HBP

I wish I could help. I am a Studio One user (switched from PT), and I have never had anything happen like this.....

Just to clarify....The audio is not syncing properly to the playhead?
Are you meters sync'ing to the audio or to the playhead?
Old 16th July 2010
ajs
Gear maniac

Old 16th July 2010
Gear Head

Yeaa, the audio starts playing when the playhead hits the 'and' of beat 1 on the third measure, but the actual waveform is drawn on the 'and' of beat two on the third measure.
Old 16th July 2010
Gear Head

I just realized studio One is doing this with all my tracks now. Even the project files you can grab from the start page...
Old 16th July 2010
Gear Head

Woah, i dont know what happened, but somehow the problem fixed it's self... would still be interested in what caused it in the first place, but as long as it works I guess I'm good... Sorry for the unnecessary thread I spose.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search