New Reply
Subscribe
Nu-tra
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Sennhieser e609

I have the one that's non silver that cost more... Anyone know the difference between these and the silver? I bought this one about 3 years ago and it was expensive... Black on both sides...

Thanks
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Gear addict

I have the original 409's and the 609's I owned sounds closer to it than the silver issue... At least the silver one that was loaned to me for comparison
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

the difference is, that the silver 609 sounds horrible.
david
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

i'm going to throw in my vote and say the silver one sounds much better than that black.

XHipHop.com is back! Looking for guest posts!
Nu-tra
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I have the one that came out before the silver...
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

It is odd that this question was posted when it was. I actually purchased 4 of these mics a while back for toms and guitar. On Thursday of last week I sent an email to Sennheiser asking what the diff was (between all black and the silver face) and this was their response;

Hello,
The Black version have a flatter response across the frequency range. Which is really good for the application of guitars. The Silver version was a newer model released which has a boost in the higher frequency range around 5 to 8 khz, which is really bright.
It is basically two different capsule types with different sound characteristics. Our new model the E906, combines the two types with a switch.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks.

Peace,
Scott Houston
Technical Applications
860-434-9190 EXT. 182
shouston@sennheiserusa.com

Hope that helps , cheers!

"I do use compressors/limiters but not for controlling dynamics, I use EQ for that!" Jp22 (damn I miss him)

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." -- Will Durant, historian (1885-1981)

"I try to get a boom out of the bass drum, in one of my albums, my CD, boom, I try to get that big boom, I could not get a big boom, I paid bucks, and could not get the boom" - Recording Expert, Tad Donley
Nu-tra
28th November 2005
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks! So the black one is more like the original... I hear the original is pretty flat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
It is odd that this question was posted when it was. I actually purchased 4 of these mics a while back for toms and guitar. On Thursday of last week I sent an email to Sennheiser asking what the diff was (between all black and the silver face) and this was their response;

Hello,
The Black version have a flatter response across the frequency range. Which is really good for the application of guitars. The Silver version was a newer model released which has a boost in the higher frequency range around 5 to 8 khz, which is really bright.
It is basically two different capsule types with different sound characteristics. Our new model the E906, combines the two types with a switch.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks.

Peace,
Scott Houston
Technical Applications
860-434-9190 EXT. 182
shouston@sennheiserusa.com

Hope that helps , cheers!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search