Originally Posted by nycbeat
What about a Mid/Side EQ? I have some thoughts on how it might be accomplished, but is there anyone out there whose created a functioning Mid/Side by using their DAW and instantiations of a basic EQ?
After looking at this paper, I think I know how I would do it, given flexible enough routing in the DAW: http://www.bluecataudio.com//Vault/D...Processing.pdf
1. First have to create M & S signals from the stereo
- Create a mono signal (easy), and a flipped phase mono signal (also easy)
- Split the stereo signal into L ch mono, R ch mono (have to watch pan law here...)
- Add the flipped phase mono to the L mono ch and R mono ch
- Sum the L mono ch and R mono ch, and you now have your S signal
2. Stick eqs on your M ch and S ch
3. Send the eq'ed M and S ch outputs to your M/S decoder.
Still in the theoretical space - haven't tried it. Is that what you were thinking?