Liquid Mix as brickwall limiter
Fhl
1st January 2010
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

Liquid Mix as brickwall limiter

Hi,

Is it possible setting a wall? Anyone use it?
I'm looking for both a limiter for my drums (snare) and a bus limiter for "mastering".

Thanks
Fred
1st January 2010
Old 1st January 2010
I've used it for this application, it sounded good.
Fhl
2nd January 2010
Old 2nd January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Hi, thanks for answering!

Any particular emulation?
Also, how did you set a wall? As I can see there's no way to set a brick wall limit so that the signal doesn't go higher than f.i -0.3dBFS

Fred
16th February 2012
Old 16th February 2012
Gear interested

This is an old old post... but for anyone wanting the liquidmix to act as a limiter as well as comp/EQ you do this by going to its offline settings or 'Liquidmix manager' as its called from Start menu on windows, and checking 'clip at 0dBFS'.

This doesnt give you much room to move as you dont have the option to change the limiters settings but it does brick wall with 0 attack, effectively. I've pushed the signal with drums, snares etc pretty hard and yeah it does sound quite good.... Also I'm not sure whether with different emulations the sound of the limiter changes. I strongly doubt it as Focusrite would have made a point about it emulating comp + limits.

anyway just happened to plug-in the LM today after a few months of no use... and mannn I love this thing :D
16th February 2012
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by binno View Post
This is an old old post... but for anyone wanting the liquidmix to act as a limiter as well as comp/EQ you do this by going to its offline settings or 'Liquidmix manager' as its called from Start menu on windows, and checking 'clip at 0dBFS'.

This doesnt give you much room to move as you dont have the option to change the limiters settings but it does brick wall with 0 attack, effectively. I've pushed the signal with drums, snares etc pretty hard and yeah it does sound quite good.... Also I'm not sure whether with different emulations the sound of the limiter changes. I strongly doubt it as Focusrite would have made a point about it emulating comp + limits.

anyway just happened to plug-in the LM today after a few months of no use... and mannn I love this thing :D
Co-sign that! I love my liquidmix
16th February 2012
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear
mine's always glowing away even when I power down the studio - the daw stays powered up 24/7, so does the liquid mix therefore.

makes me happy to see it glowing when I come in late at night
Fhl
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by binno View Post

Thanks for the bump! I have to check that out
5th March 2012
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
I think the Liquid Mix has some excellent emulations, but since I got the 2011 imac Using the firewire port for an Apogee duet means that I can't use the liquid mix. I've been waiting for a thunderport adaptor to come out so I can use it again, but nothing so far. I really miss it, it seems to have something that many of my plugins can't match.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search