Bypassing Preamps on Profire 610?
Jayfrye
26th December 2009
Old 26th December 2009
Gear Head

Bypassing Preamps on Profire 610?

hey guys....

just need a little help on bypassing the preamps in the profire 610. i have a great river me n1v preamp in my chain as well. right now when i record vocals in sonar with my c214 i can barley have the gain on the great river at 15 and out put at -7. i clip at any higher levels....im wondering is this because i haven't bypassed the amps...not sure how to do this any help would be appreciated
26th December 2009
Old 26th December 2009
Lives for gear

The preamps are on channels 1 and 2
Use channels 3 and 4 for use with external pre's.
RTR
26th December 2009
Old 26th December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie mac View Post
The preamps are on channels 1 and 2
Use channels 3 and 4 for use with external pre's.
+1...I use a GAP pre to input 3 on the 610...the 610 only has 2 pre's on input 1-2

PS. also make sure that you have the volume fader up on 1-3 in that stupid little mixer..I hate that thing!!
Jayfrye
26th December 2009
Old 26th December 2009
Gear Head

heres my draw back....im using sonar my options on the track say m-audio profire asio(3in, 5 out)

my options
left,right,stereo analog 1 in

left,right,stereo analog 3 in

left,right,stereo spidif in left

Ive always used the left analog 1 in.....

when i try to use the left anolog 3 in i can hear my self in the mic but dont get any wavs on the screen....any help? thanks
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Gear Head

Just my two cents, but great choice on the 610 - zero latency is heaven. My 2626 is setup as my poor man's HD rig into Pro Tools M-Powered.

Definitely go into channels three and four for use with the Great River or any other pre- this way you'll be more comfy with gain staging and less coloration from the Octane Pre's built into the 610.

Congrats! post some music sooon!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST!
27th December 2009
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Plug into input 3 on the back coming from the pre. Turn it up in the mixer. select chan 3 in your daw as the input. done

13th April 2011
Old 13th April 2011
Gear Head

Gharper 23 - thanks for that - long time ago you posted but it has helped me too....appreciated !
14th April 2011
Old 14th April 2011
Lives for gear

initial gain is the same for all 4 input channels on ProFire. Even then, you can add -20dB pad on front inputs, the inputs which are with preamp. BTW, they are pretty fine, you wont find preamps of this quality in a ordinary consoles...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search