Login / Register

Interface with adat + bypassing preamps??
New Reply
Subscribe
NewStudio
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Gear Head

Interface with adat + bypassing preamps??

Hi guys,

I haven't found info from subject a lot. Is there any interfaces with 8 adat and more than 2 channel that can be bypassed ( only ad convert).

Or is there any other way to add 8 more channels to pro tools and still have a change bypass their preamps??

I ask this because i'm buying external preamps ( i have profire 2626, it has 2 lines that can bypass its own preamps).

Thanks
Joni
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Lives for gear

Are you sure you can only bypass two channels on this unit? I'll look around, but I'm sure I've seen many posts on here about using the 2626 as a standalone converter. Keep you posted...

Working on my band's first EP. First record I've performed on since 2010
http://bit.ly/MEMOSuicideForest
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Lives for gear

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...2626-a-22.html

This post says otherwise... and you were involved with the posting!

--
I made that sound harsh. My bad.
However, I just searched around for about 10 minutes and read a handful of times that the profire 2626 can be used as an 8 channel converter using it's TRS inputs.

Maybe I'm not understanding fully. Is the profire your primary interface, and you're looking to add another 8 channel converter to it via lightpipe?

--

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/170276-profire-2626-a-11.html

Look at post 319. I read in another thread that this guy is an m-audio employee (I can't confirm this, but I don't know why you'd make that up) and he goes into specifics on the inputs of the 2626.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray1122 View Post
No, the analog section of the 2626 is wired such that the XLR inputs are the microphone inputs and always pass through the preamp. The TRS input is dedicated to the line input curcuitry which does bypass the preamp in order to give a clean signal to the ADCs.

I hope this helps!

RayT
NewStudio
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Gear Head

Thats true that i were involved in that threat. Sorry i didn't remember that, my mistake

It's a still little bit confusing. I also read that only 2 first channels can be used so that preamp is bypassed, but maeby i underestood it wrong.

I like to use xlr inputs when bypassing preamps. Or is there any difference in clarity etc. if i'm using XLR-XLR or XLR-1/4 jack?
I read that profires two first channels (XLR inputs) also bypass preamps when using instrument button??

I'm using profire as my primary interface. i wanted to know is there any kind of devices so that i can use 8 channels via lightpipe and bypass all the preamps thru XLR inputs?

Thanks
Joni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...2626-a-22.html

This post says otherwise... and you were involved with the posting!

--
I made that sound harsh. My bad.
However, I just searched around for about 10 minutes and read a handful of times that the profire 2626 can be used as an 8 channel converter using it's TRS inputs.

Maybe I'm not understanding fully. Is the profire your primary interface, and you're looking to add another 8 channel converter to it via lightpipe?

--

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/170276-profire-2626-a-11.html

Look at post 319. I read in another thread that this guy is an m-audio employee (I can't confirm this, but I don't know why you'd make that up) and he goes into specifics on the inputs of the 2626.
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Lives for gear

There is no difference in clarity/sound quality between XLR-XLR and XLR-1/4" TRS cable

Quote:
It's a still little bit confusing. I also read that only 2 first channels can be used so that preamp is bypassed, but maeby i underestood it wrong.
This means that if you press in the instrument button for channels one and/or two you can plug in a guitar or bass on the front panel. It's a DI!
However, if you wanted to patch in an outboard preamp, you wouldn't use the instrument in on the front, you would use a TRS 1/4" from your pre into the XLR/TRS combo jack on the back.

If you were looking to add another device to your 2626 via lightpipe, something with preamps, but that can also serve as a straight AD converter... get another 2626

Surely someone can chime in and offer this fellow some other suggestions?
NewStudio
30th October 2009
Old 30th October 2009
Gear Head

Thanks for answering,
I know that i should read more from cables
Should the trs cable be balanced or unbalanced?

I was just found that one guy is selling onyx 800r for good price and SCA with two n72 and one A12 preamps. I just don't know which one to buy.

With onyx i get 8 OK preamps and better a/d converters than in Profire 2626. And with SCA i would get three NICE preamps. Hard to choose. SCA is costing a little bit more than onyx.
I could also buy another profire 2626, so i would have another interface that works with pro tools if another one brokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
There is no difference in clarity/sound quality between XLR-XLR and XLR-1/4" TRS cable

This means that if you press in the instrument button for channels one and/or two you can plug in a guitar or bass on the front panel. It's a DI!
However, if you wanted to patch in an outboard preamp, you wouldn't use the instrument in on the front, you would use a TRS 1/4" from your pre into the XLR/TRS combo jack on the back.

If you were looking to add another device to your 2626 via lightpipe, something with preamps, but that can also serve as a straight AD converter... get another 2626

Surely someone can chime in and offer this fellow some other suggestions?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search