event 20/20 vs KRK RP6
pw2005
8th September 2009
Old 8th September 2009
Gear addict

event 20/20 vs KRK RP6

I have a chance to buy Event 20/20's or KRK RP6's for $180 . Some people have said they like the KRK and some said the Events.

I was under the impression that the Event was originally a higher quality monitor. I assume the Event will have more low end info as well. The KRK is a lot newer,so maybe that will make a difference.

Let me know about your experiences. I have read many posts and they seem to be 50/50 for and against KRK. Do mixes translate OK with the KRK's?

Peter
9th September 2009
Old 9th September 2009
Gear maniac

Smile

The KRK RP6 G2 just made the "Editors Choice List" in the high end magazine The Absolute Sound. I will see if I can find you the link to this review.
9th September 2009
Old 9th September 2009
9th September 2009
Old 9th September 2009
Gear addict

I really liked my 20/20s but know nothing about the KRKs. Thanks for noting, right? -E
9th September 2009
Old 9th September 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneE View Post
I really liked my 20/20s but know nothing about the KRKs. Thanks for noting, right? -E
Same here dude... Although in my case initially I had problems with the low end on the 20/20's (I was putting way too much bass on my mixes!), but that's likely because of my current mixing room (which is a bit cramped), and because I used to mix on NS10's for so long that my ears needed some adjustment.
9th September 2009
Old 9th September 2009
Gear maniac

I cant say enough good things about my RP-6's. Watch for the low end, tho.
pw2005
12th September 2009
Old 12th September 2009
Gear addict

rp 6

I bought the KRK rp6's and they are great for the money. I just had to move a bit farther away from them than when I used to own dynaudio bm5a's.

With the right placement they are very good monitors.

Peter
17th September 2009
Old 17th September 2009
Gear maniac
20/20's are weak in the midbass, but excellent otherwise.
17th September 2009
Old 17th September 2009
Gear Head

RP6

Just do it. The KRKs are definitely the superior monitor.
16th April 2010
Old 16th April 2010
Gear interested

i have alittle trick that i do for the krk original rokit 6.i boost 5 db at 2.5k on the master buss while am mixing but i diable it before mix down,oh why do i do that ?well to me the these speakers sometimes sound a little to flat but other than that i love these speaker
16th April 2010
Old 16th April 2010
Lives for gear

We had both of these at my old studio and they are completely different animals. It was great to be able to compare mixes on these two monitors, I found myself with the Events making things too bright many times (That was more due to the room than the speakers though) and the KRK's always caught it for me. If I had a choice between the two, I would go with the Events, the KRK's are still pretty kicking though! I just found the Events much more pleasant to mix on, and I like their larger size also.
17th April 2010
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

I've mixed 200 tracks on 20/20s. I would never mix that many on KRKs because they are fatiguing to my ears. While I would like them to be newer better monitors than they are, 20/20s don't miss and I don't want to sit in front of a new budget monitor from anyone except maybe blue sky. I'll just keep these until I can save up for genelecs or A7s if the A7s are really that good.

I power my 20/20s with an Adcom 555 GFA-II and it is a nice amp for them if you are buying passive.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search